Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Free wood in Sydney

Kim2
Building a Reputation

Free wood in Sydney

If anyone in Sydney would like some free wood pallets I've found a place at 478 New Canterbury Road which usually has a few pallets that will otherwise go to landfill. The shop leaves the pallets outside and it is accessible at all hours - they had a few good ones at the top that I couldn't reach, I suggest you bring a ladder and a ute. The staff were more than happy to give them away. 

IMG_20171109_124000.jpgIMG_20171109_123827.jpgIMG_20171109_123859.jpgIMG_20171109_123935.jpgIMG_20171109_123952.jpg

Landfill day is usually Tuesday and Thursday, I'm hoping these will still be available for some late night wood pick ups :smile: 

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: Free wood in Sydney

There was other suggestions about how to get your hands on free pallets in this discussion from last year - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Outdoor-Living/Pallet-DIY-Projects/m-p/2069

mazmunkhan
Just Starting Out

Hi I 'm interested to take some pallets, when can I pick up?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mazmunkhan. It's amazing to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about free pallets.

This discussion is from 2017, so you might like to try your local Bunnings store instead. We regularly locate our free pallets in a convenient location for customers to pick up and re-use. Checkout out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects for some inspiration on what you can make with them.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
vivekknayak1984
Finding My Feet

Hello Kim, I am planing to do some DIY at home and need some free good quality pallets. Can you suggest where do you keep in the vicinity of Schofields, NSW (Post Code 2762) please.

Hello @vivekknayak1984

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining the discussion.

Let me tag @Kim2 to make them aware of your question. As my colleague has mentioned this topic is quite old and you might wish to try your local Bunnings instead. The store often puts aside pallets for recycling and is available to D.I.Y. enthusiasts such as yourself. The closest stores to Schofields are Bunnings Marsden Park and Bunnings Rouse Hill.

I recommend giving the stores a call to make sure that they have some in stock before proceeding. Make sure to have a look at our Top 10 most popular pallet projects for ideas and inspiration.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Thank you @EricL  I will call Bunnings at Marsden Park and check where I can find the pallets. Thanks again

Guima
Just Starting Out

available still?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Guima . It's splendid to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about free pallets.

This discussion is from 2017, so you might like to try your local Bunnings store instead. We regularly locate our free pallets in a convenient location for customers to pick up and re-use. 

I suggest having a look at our Top 10 most popular pallet projects for some inspiration on what you can make with them.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects