Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Gazebo with palm deck and terrace bar

kellig
Cultivating a Following

Gazebo with palm deck and terrace bar

After humble beginnings of a rusty metal framed gazebo with shade cloth roof and dirt floor, I set about making this area a place we could spend most of the cooler months outdoors.  When we installed the Mimosa wooden gazebo on the concrete slab, we added cyclone straps to reinforce the roof and used Chemset bolts to secure it to the slab then painted the timber with concrete sealant to hopefully increase the longevity.

I try not to waste anything, so we upcycled the metal frame which was used around the packaging for the gazebo and screwed it to the wooden gazebo beam above the kitchen to hang hooks for a light and cooking utensils.

With more space under roof we purchased a slide out sink out of a camper trailer and transformed it into a kitchen complete with flick mixer, two drawers and food prep area at 1.7 m long, it is very handy.

The addition of a metal table chairs, Mojo cushions and wicker 2in1 cooler table created the terrace bar, then came the palm deck with awesome space saving Mimosa Lava foldable bar table and adjustable height chairs and to finish off the setting.  Lighting was added with a combination of solar, and low voltage fairy lights, pendant lights and a string of globe lights tied with fishing line to a vintage ladder.  The gazebo was in need of guttering, we trimmed 60mm off the fascia and added Stratco guttering in monsoon grey then installed downpipes on the front, the final touch was a roller blind to add privacy and make the area feel look “a room”.

We spend so much time here now rather than indoors. 

2022-08-21 18.30.08.jpg2022-08-21 17.56.06.jpg2022-04-17 08.32.11.jpg2022-04-17 08.30.32.jpg2022-06-03 15.47.34.jpg2022-06-03 15.47.18.jpg2022-08-13 19.15.49.jpg

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Re: Gazebo with palm deck and terrace bar

Hey @kellig thank you for sharing this project with us all it looks absolutely amazing and you must feel proud.

So much detail had gone into this and it certainly shows, enjoy many days and night relaxing in that new space.

Carl

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @kellig. It's marvellous to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this amazing project.

You've achieved some stunning results there, and I can see why you'd be enjoying so much time outside now. You've really paid attention to all those elements that turn a gazebo into a genuinely excellent outdoor entertainment space. I love the lighting and rustic ladder. Also, your ingenious use of the metal frame packing material is awesome.

Many thanks for sharing this special project, and we very much look forward to seeing what you contribute next.

Great job.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looks terrific @kellig. Well done and many thanks for sharing your first project with us. We look forward to seeing many more.

Jason

theparlourroom
Having an Impact

@kellig what a gorgeous gazebo!! That space will get so much use. 

snowwwgirl
Just Starting Out

This looks fantastic! You’ve created such a useful and cozy space. I want to build one for myself now!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @snowwwgirl. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for jumping into the discussion.

Let me mention @kellig, so they are alerted to your kind comment. They'll be pleased to know their project has inspired you.

I trust our members will be full of helpful advice for your project, and I'm sure you'll be able to accomplish something similar. If you want to start in the same style, check out our Mimosa Wooden Gazebos. They're a pretty reasonable price for such solid construction; I expected them to be considerably more.

With the addition of a BBQ and setting, you'll be well on your way to achieving this look.

Please let us know if you have any questions or need assistance.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects