Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a budgie and cockatiel patio?

PetCow
Just Starting Out

How to build a budgie and cockatiel patio?

Hi Brains Trust, over the xmas break our new challenge is to covert some of the backyard into a budgie and cockatiel playground. so i need to build an outdoor aviary. Im going to build it out of recycled material but have no idea how to do it as its my first outdoor project ( why start small i say) so i was thinking of building panels and then connect them all togehter or a pergola and add sides. 

Has anyone done this and was there any issues you had when building it or tips you can give me. 

cheers or should i say MOOOO

PetCow

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Budgie and Cockatiel Patio

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @PetCow. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about building a budgie enclosure.

It sounds like some images of the space would be helpful for our members to reference when providing advice. What sort of recycled materials do you have access to or have in mind? Do you have some inspiration images of enclosures you'd seen or perhaps a sketch of what you were envisaging? Any information you can provide would be helpful.

There's been a few enclosures posted by our members:

We'll be keen to hear more about your project and provide some advice. If you have any particular questions, I'm sure our members would be more than happy to answer them for you.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi all, sorry my phone is on the fritz, but the area is 2.7 x 5.0 M. i have some old aviary wire that i will use. and some old corragated iron for some of the roof, The cat runs look really good so looking at something like this. the ground is pebble and we have forrage seed ( wheat, barley, sorgum etc that has sprouted and the wild finches, and sparrows love. )   i was thinking of treated pine as we own the house we are in so it doesnt matter if we drill into the brick walls. also thinking a pergola style so really seeing what members have done and sorry if my spelling is not the best a phone without a camer and a computer without spell check

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the extra detail @PetCow. Hope you get your phone up and running again soon as some photos would be helpful. 

Let me tag helpful members @Brad and @tom_builds to see if they might be able to share some thoughts about how they would tackle the project. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects