Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a pallet corner seat?

missjosie
Finding My Feet

How to build a pallet corner seat?

Hi,

Yep really newbie!

I'd like to build a corner seat with pallets.  I'm thinking of using 3 pallets but then what do I use to fix them together? Screws, glue?

Thank you.

Pallet seat.jpg

tony52
Just Starting Out

Re: Corner seat with pallet

Cute dogs and very well behaved. Our Westies would have devoured the cheese and then lapped up the wine. Did you sand the sleepers first?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to build a pallet corner seat?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @missjosie, it's great to have you join us. We're looking forward to seeing you build your pallet project. 

Let me tag experienced pallet furniture builders @Yorky88@Peggers and @LePallet to see how they would tackle this build.

I'm sure our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL would also be happy to assist as soon as possible.

In the meantime, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects for some ideas and inspiration, as well as the day bed created by @Peggers, the pallet lounge by @DIYology  and the outdoor sofa by @Stuardo

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the Workshop site. We're here to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @tony52,

Thanks for joining in the discussion. Are you looking to build your own pallet furniture? We'd be happy to assist.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community.

Jason

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @missjosie

Thank you for sharing your desire to build your own corner pallet seat.

My apologies for the late reply. It's great that you've received fantastic advice from @Jason and @tony52. Your dogs are very cute! If you are joining three pallets together make sure that they are the same size and shape. You can join them together with Selleys 320g Liquid Nails Original Construction Adhesive and screw them together with Zenith 8 - 10 x 30mm Galvanised Countersunk Rib Head External Timber Screws - 30 Pack.

Once assembled, I suggest using the Ozito ¼ Sheet Orbital Sander to sand all the exposed areas of the pallet to give it a splinter-free finish. Once it has been sanded smooth, wipe it down with a clean rag and remove all the timber dust with a vacuum cleaner. I recommend using Taubmans Gloss White Sunproof Exterior Paint - 1L tinted to the colour of your choice. This will protect your new project from the weather.

If you wish to put on castors, I suggest using the Move It 75mm 50kg Black Rubber Swivel Plate Castor With Brake on each corner. The wheels can be locked and prevent the seat from moving while being used. Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing your pallet seat assembled and ready for use.

If you need more advice and information, please let us know.

Eric

Awesome thanks Eric.  Oh no sorry it's only a screenshot which I want to copy.

I wish I have those dogs though/

Sooooorry this is a screenshot, just an example I want to copy.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects