Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a standard wooden letterbox

rickb
Just Starting Out

How to build a standard wooden letterbox

maxresdefault.jpgDoes anyone have a plan for a simple letterbox made out of plywood or similar material? My son has asked me to make one to replace his weather-damaged one! The style is that of a pitched roof over a box, commonly seen around most neighbourhoods.

Thanks.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to build a standard wooden letterbox

Hi @rickb,

Welcome to Workshop. It's great to have you join us and we trust you'll receive loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration for all your home improvement projects around the house and garden from our wonderful members. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. 

The video below should meet your needs - How to build a letterbox. Let us know how you go with it. It would be great to see the end result.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
rickb
Just Starting Out

Thanks the video was very useful.

Oxfred
Finding My Feet

Could I have some dimensions please? for the pieces

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Oxfred

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about the letterbox.

My apologies for the late reply, I'm currently in the process of trying to track down the original cut list of the letterbox. However, I do have a very good estimate of the size of the letterbox as the sheet size was given at the start of the video. As soon as I finish sketching it, I'll post it here.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

In the meantime.

Here's another mail-box set of plans...

Scan1088.jpg

Scan1089.jpg

Scan1090.jpg

Thanks Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Oxfred

Thank you very much for your patience. Unfortunately, I was not able to get the cut list for the original letterbox. However, based on the timber size that was provided, I've put together a possible cut-out pattern for you that resembles the assembly instructions of the video. If you have any questions about the sketch, please let me know.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your letter box assembled and ready for use.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects