Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to cut slot in metal fascia?

iangbarton
Just Starting Out

How to cut slot in metal fascia?

I want to use a Dunnings 22° Galvanised Extended Fascia Bracket to attach my pergola to my house but can somebody suggest an easy way to cut the slots in the metal fascia to pass the extended fascia bracket through?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cutting slot in metal fascia

Hello @iangbarton

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your metal fascia.

If you are confident of the positions of the timber rafters on your roof, I suggest using a Multi-Tool in combination with the Diablo 85mm Wood / Metal Multi-Tool Segment Cutting Blade. The Multi-Tool Segment Cutting Blade is designed with durability in mind to cut through hardwood, non-ferrous metals and laminate panels for a variety of jobs. Please make sure to wear safety goggles and gloves when operating this tool. 

Let me tag our experienced members @Noyade, @TedBear and @Baggs for their recommendations on cutting metal fascia.

If you have any other questions you need help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Cutting slot in metal fascia

I'm with Eric on the Multi-Tool.

Alternatively you can mark out the area and drill multiple holes - inside the line - punch out the metal and file the remaining edges.

But it can be slow and arduous work.

Scan0997.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects