Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stain new treated Pine decking?

daveom
Growing in Experience

How to stain new treated Pine decking?

F290B195-6D6F-4CA8-AF28-3EA1A4D41531.jpeg

653DC708-6133-4132-8D5B-1F48F577CD36.jpeg

I recently purchased some new treated pine decking from Bunnings. I have noticed that half the batch is a white colour and half a green colour. I also purchased a Feast and Watson stain Swan River Jarrah. I tested the stain I both board colours and they are completely different. My question is, will the green coloured board eventually turn the same colour as the white coloured board so I can get some consistency with the stain colouring. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: New treated pine decking

Hello @daveom

I'm sure my colleague @MitchellMc will be pleased to know that you've received the replacement decking panels. Please make sure to post a photo of your deck once it's complete. I'm sure our members will be keen to see it once you've oiled/stained your deck.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
daveom
Growing in Experience

Hi Eric, a couple of images of the completed deck. Decking and oil based stain from Bunnings. Feast and Watson Swan River Jarrah. 

0D581881-5A21-446B-A127-FD12AD5B5C37.jpeg

AEB1AF31-114A-447E-A650-1C70ED855FD5.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looks brilliant. Congratulations on a great result @daveom.

Jason

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @daveom 

Thank you very much for posting those beautiful photos of your finished decking project. The Swan Jarrah River stain worked so well with the pine panels. You're curving flowing cut along the side of the pool is really impressive. Would it be possible for you to share how you accomplished such a flawless pattern cut on your decking panels? Any other information you can share about the build would be highly appreciated.

We look forward to seeing your next project.

Eric

daveom
Growing in Experience

Thanks Jason.  Much Appreciated

daveom
Growing in Experience

Thanks Eric for those kind words. I regards to the cuts around the pool. Most of them were pretty straight angle cuts. there were a couple of tricky ones which i will admit required a couple of attempts.  I just carefully measured the angles i needed to cut and cut those angles with my jigsaw.  I was really impressed with the colour of the Swan River Jarrah.  My wife and I tried a lot of sample pots before settling on the Jarrah. The deck is screwed down with stainless steel 50mm screws. We are very happy with the result. Thanks again to all the Bunnings staff who assisted me through the process.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @daveom,

I'm really pleased to see this magnificent project completed. You've done an amazing job!

Many thanks for your patience while we resolved the decking issue.

I'll be looking forward to the next project you share.

Mitchell

daveom
Growing in Experience

Thanks Mitchell and again thanks for all your help. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects