Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Large fenced vegetable garden with raised beds

Wheats
Having an Impact

Large fenced vegetable garden with raised beds

My wife wanted a veggie garden and liked an idea in a Bunnings magazine. She wanted plenty of space for fruits, veggies and herbs. All materials were purchased from Bunnings

Materials

• Cypress posts
  • weather shield paint in monument
  • mesh panels
  • saddle clips
  • galvanised timber screws
  • concrete

Tools

• Tape measure
  • hammer
  • post hole digger
  • circular saw
  • Shovel
  • Spirit level
  • Bolt cutters

Steps

Step 1

IMG_1178.jpeg

IMG_1155.jpeg

First I had to clean the area and measure out where the posts would go. I dug holes for the posts and concreted them in. 

Step 2

Once the concrete was set, I could start cutting the boards to size and attaching them. 

I painted the entire thing with a weather resistant paint in Monument to match the fence.

IMG_1417.jpeg

Step 3

I cut the wire mesh to size and and attached them to the inside of the frame using the saddle clips 

IMG_1526.jpeg

Step 4

Once the garden beds were finished, we added 2 colorbond garden beds and pavers to walk on

IMG_1606.jpeg

Step 5

We added soil and plants and a compost bin.

IMG_1746.jpeg

image.jpg

mummabella
Finding My Feet

Re: Large fenced vegetable garden with raised beds

This is absolutely awesome 👌🏽  makes me want to go out and do building with my garden. Well done

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mummabella. It's sensational to have you join us, and wonderful that you've been inspired by this project.

Let me mention @Wheats so they are alerted to your kind comment.

We'd be thrilled to hear all about what you'd like to achieve in your garden. So please go ahead and start a discussion if you need assistance or would like to share your plans or project with us. You might like to check out our Top 10 most popular planter box projects, Top 10 most popular landscaping projects and Top 10 most popular screening projects. I trust you'll find enough amazing projects in those to keep you going for some time and help you create a spectacular garden space.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Caron
Making a Splash

Oooh - what a fabulous set up!  Well done.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects