Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Low-level deck with lights

nishadshah
Growing in Experience

Low-level deck with lights

I went through all the posts on this website to build this deck I am so happy with the deck. Adequate materials, equipment and the feeling of the completion is great.

It is a 36sqm deck,  6 x 6m deck with a step towards the garden. Started this project after Boxing Day in 2021 and completed just a night before Australia Day.

B409136A-2506-40CE-99E6-0B256AAB63C3.jpeg

Materials used:

• 45x90x6 metre long treated pine from Bunnings to create the base ( total 180mm height + 5 mm packer to create a seamless entry and exit height in alfresco). Added another layer of treated pine wood on top to create 185 mm height in opposite direction at 455 gaps

• 5mm plastic packers so that the base is above the ground

• Dynabolt 40mm on the concrete and 40mm galvanised screw in to the wood to create a ground base same direction as the Merbau wood stacking

• 90 mm Merbau wood for 36 sqm

• Holman home 4 pin lights 45 mm and used the 30 mm as well ( wifi controller is an investment but it is worth it) 

I highly recommend buying a good quality table saw for the accuracy In wood cutting edges as well as 45 degree cutting. 
self drilling screws.

580B8616-6FB6-49A3-A4D4-FBB4E880AD3F.jpeg

9FFE5B83-AB6B-4D7D-BFD1-B490C4098290.jpeg

30CE42A4-F9CE-426D-B8CE-75B59CBB0AD0.jpeg

CCB64E7A-1242-4CC0-B182-3ED7C4C67147.jpeg

8FF484B1-8244-49BE-A7B6-5E8AF94F1F0D.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to Build Lower deck

Hello @nishadshah

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your low-level decking project.

What a beautifully assembled deck. You must be very proud of your accomplishment. It's fantastic that our member's low-level decking projects were able to guide and inspire you to build your own. What is the overall size of the deck and how high is it?

The installation of the decking lights truly enhances the overall appearance of the deck. How long did it take you to assemble the deck? Any information you can share about your deck build would be much appreciated.

Again, thank you for sharing your low-level deck project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
nishadshah
Growing in Experience

I have just added few details as you have recommended.

Please feel free to provide me feedback if I need to add more details on materials , photos , steps, if that will helps others like me. 
Thank you for your kind words 

regards

Nish

We really appreciate those additional details @nishadshah. Your deck looks amazing and you must be exceptionally proud of your efforts. 

Looking forward to you next project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects