Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Merbau garden bed

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

Merbau garden bed

Finally got to put together the Garden bed using some timber sleepers and some merbau. Very happy with the end product. 

20200608_141332.jpg

20200701_162903.jpg

20200608_141358.jpg

20200607_163713.jpg

20200607_131226.jpg

20200607_143034.jpg

20200607_161537.jpg

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Maerbau Garden Bed

Hi @diy_hausdesigns,

Many thanks for sharing your project with the community. It looks fantastic and I'm sure will be perfect for growing plants in. What were you going to plant out in it and any idea of the rough cost of the project?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @MitchellMc 

I'm planning on planting some weather friendly herbs in this one. I used to use small pots so it'll be nice to have this for a change. 

It cost approx $200 altogether. Mains parts are below. Ended up weighing q fair bit too.

4 - 3m sleepers (cut to 4 @1800mm and 4 @400mm)

7 - 1800mm (70x19mm)

5 - 1200mm (70x19mm)

Cheers 

----

Hi Rufaro,

Which type of sleeper Timber did you go with? 

Thanks.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Merbau garden bed

Welcome to the Workshop community @dishu.

It's fantastic to have you join the community, let me mention @diy_hausdesigns so they are notified of your question. We look forward to seeing what projects you have going on at the moment and trust you'll find loads of inspiration like this project from our creative members. Please let us know if you ever need advice or have something to share with the community.

Mitchell

Hi and welcome @dishu 

I went with the Sienna H4 Micropro Pine sleepers.

I informed not to use the treated pine sleepers and I'm planning on planting edible herbs.

Cheers

----

Hi @diy_hausdesigns 

Thank you very much for sharing your project details, helpful. I will share my experience once i finish mine.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @vamshi.

It's fantastic to have you join us and pleasing to see you've already taken inspiration from this project. We look forward to you progressing with making a Merbau garden bed and can't wait to see the finished project. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have questions or would like to share your project with the community. If you need any assistance I'm sure @diy_hausdesigns would be more than happy to advise as well as all our helpful community members.

Mitchell

Not a problem at all.

Best of luck !

Cheers.

----
MamaCassi
Getting Established

Re: Merbau garden bed

I love this and will be attempting to make one myself. Can anyone tell me if bunnings will cut sleepers for me? 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects