Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Naked Pool System - feedback sought

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Naked Pool System - feedback sought

Hi peeps - just came across this Naked Pool System which means freshwater swimming :grin:

Just wondering if anyone has an experience/feedback on this system before I get too excited about getting one and ridding my skin of harsh chemicals.

TIA

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: Naked Pool System - feedback sought

Is there much of a price premium @ProjectPete?

Although I reckon salt pools are great, freshwater sounds brilliant!

Around $3k for the sanitiser/"chlorinator" alone. A quality chlroinator is usually around the $900-$1100 mark. So quite a premium.

----------
Handy and helpful

I'm Building a natural pool based on the European model of plants and sand filtering. Will line with luxapool epoxy finish, pond green colour to mimic a creek pond. No chemicals, just bioremediation pool, and Aquaponic principals for disinfection. Oxygenation to replace Chlorination as the disinfectant, a bit of salt every now and then. Will have completed by this Xmas ready for the grandrugrats.😜

I'm intrigued @cadsman. I'm about to paint my pool, just waiting on the weather to sort itself out.

PS I've been advised AquaSheen is a better paint product and that's what I've gone with.

----------
Handy and helpful

Aqua Sheen from Qld is a boat gel coat or similar, the one from WA is the one I think you mean. Each to his own, Luxapool down in NSW were very good with support and supply and so far it's done everything it's supposed to do.

I'll put some pics up next time post when the bio tank is epoxied.

Got a couple of low level leaks in the balance tank to fix up first. The swim area will be last to be finished. With no skimmer box or vacuum connection, a low voltage cleaner will be purchased for the upkeep. I'm looking at a Dolphin mid range for the job.

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @ProjectPete 

You have my vote for the Naked Pool System. I once had the opportunity to dive in to one in a resort in the Philippines. It is a world of difference, amazing water quality, no harsh chemical smell or after taste. When you get out of the pool you feel even more refreshed. You literally can drink the water! Its just so much better than regular filtered pools. The best description I could give it would be like going in to a natural river. You don't feel sticky or dry, your togs don't stink of chemicals and you can use the water for your plants! I'm not familiar with its running costs or if the initial lay out is bigger than a standard chemical filter set up. But I do know that if I had a choice and the funds to get this system, its the one that I would choose. Make sure to keep us in the loop when you've decided.

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

GeelongMum
Just Starting Out

I had the Naked pool system installed 11 months ago and have had no problems. It is very low maintenance and perfect for lazy pool owners like me (see my whirlpool forum post here https://whrl.pl/Rgm2nv). 

cadsman
Having an Impact

Haven't finished mine yet!!

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Can't remember the year - but there was an International Conference in Sydney a few years back and during a break some of the African delegation visited the toilets.

They came back and asked some questions - and were horrified to learn we flushed our business away with drinkable water.

Now we swim in it - drinkable water that is. :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects