Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor kitchen- Hubby’s paradise

becbec9
Getting Established

Outdoor kitchen- Hubby’s paradise

When building our new home, one thing we planned to get done ASAP was our outdoor entertaining area. Our outdoor kitchen dreams we had drawn out started coming to life with the help of Bunnings! My hubby knew exactly what he wanted! Streamline. Easy to clean. A sink. Bbq. Drinks fridge. And concrete benchtops. He frames out the kitchen himself. And also built all the concrete slab form work. We chose Ekodeck and a simple slatted open pergola. We are so happy with how it has all turned out. We can entertain out here all year round! It’s perfect looking over our beautiful pool area! 

48B7D61B-DB9F-426E-8950-FED8EB6266EB.jpeg

83F323B1-5D0F-4049-9EAB-29604C8EA033.jpeg

88EE3768-8D56-4347-8AE1-2ED9A456E0E0.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CaCMTNrlcWE/?igshid=NmZiMzY2Mjc= 

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Re: Outdoor kitchen- Hubby’s paradise

Hello becbec9 and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community..

Your project is stunning and an inspiration to all..

We wish you every success with your entry..

@Prof..

Baretta11
Becoming a Leader

@becbec9 

Looks so clean and simple, something people try to avoid because it can be seen as being boring at times but there is nothing boring about this area. I so long for such an area myself one day ha-ha

Cheers,

Barbara

becbec9
Getting Established

Thanks so much Barbara! Yes, we had a few people worried our very white outdoor area would look too plain but all were pleasantly surprised with how it looks! Especially with the greenery of the garden popping against it! 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @becbec9. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this amazing project.

What a stunning entertainment area you've created! I bet you're delighted with the results. Those concrete benchtops are one of my favourite parts of this transformation. They're just superb!

I presume the slatted open pergola doesn't offer any protection from the elements. What sort of cabinetry are you using? 

Well done, and I can't wait to see what project you'll start work on next.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
WayneM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Lovely work @becbec9.

Many thanks for sharing, and well done.

You've provided such detailed information that will be a great help to our community members. Your project has had more than 3,000 views.

We are interested in turning your project into a Featured Project article. Do you have any more pictures you could share?

It would also be great if you could share any other tips or lessons learned during your project that would assist others interested in making their own outdoor kitchen.

Many thanks,

Wayne.

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects