Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Wheelbarrow made from fence slats

Former Workshop member
Not applicable

Wheelbarrow made from fence slats

E2931790-9339-41B1-8945-055AF1045D28.jpeg

A69D0A9F-E597-40E2-88A2-294DCF891611.jpeg

Makes a good planter.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Wheelbarrow made from fence slats.

Beautiful work once again, @Former Workshop member. I'm always amazed to see our creative members use of rough sawn timber on finished projects. Does it take you much time to sand the timber smooth and get that sort of result?

What do you plan on planting in it?

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Former Workshop member
Not applicable

053C0D52-906E-49CD-8E68-4D7544B1017B.jpeg

I was lucky with the timber, it was already quite dry when I brought it from Bunnings. Just left it a few more days . My wife likes the planting part.

Looks awesome! Did you line it so timber won't rot?

Hi @annieerbs,

Let me mention @Former Workshop member, so they are alerted to your question about whether the timber was lined. The palings are already H3 treated for exterior use, but I'd also be interested in knowing whether it is lined and, if not, has there been any signs of decay.

Mitchell

Former Workshop member
Not applicable

Hi, the timber was H3 treated,  we did line the inside with the potting mix bag used to fill the wheelbarrow . Also drilled drainage holes in the bottom of the bag and wheelbarrow.

Your wife is very good at the planting part!  I see you even made the wheel.  An excellent team result.

Gavin
Finding My Feet

Re: Wheelbarrow made from fence slats

Hi are the plans still available 

Regards 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Gavin,

This is a project shared by a former Workshop member and they never shared plans with us. 

Let me tag the ever-helpful @EricL as well as @Jamespeter100 who might be able to assist you with building your own decorative wheelbarrow for the garden.

Jason

@Gavin 

I’ve uploaded the finished model in a prev post. I’ll have a look for it to paste in a link. This is based on pallet slats, which are much the same. The arms from the wheel to the handle are also from pallets, but suitable wood is at Bunnings as well.

Found the post.  In inches, since I’m so old, I still have cobol coding forms. https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/Garden/Wooden-wheelbarrow-planters/m-p/76039#M7668

2ED86D59-6D79-489A-979E-B860C936C4E4.jpeg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects