Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Where to find a tall pole at least 3m long?

Cattoos
Growing in Experience

Where to find a tall pole at least 3m long?

Does Bunnings sell at least 3m or 10ft tall pole or tripod for camera or anything similar with same length? Thanks 

Cattoos
Growing in Experience

Re: tall pole

Hi @MitchellMc,

Can you please advise if I can use Selleys 350g Liquid Nails Heavy Duty OR Parfix 300g Clear All Purpose Silicone (which one would you recommend out of the two? Selleys or Parfix?) to adhere the camera onto the top of the extension pole and bottom part of the extension pole (is the extension pole heigh adjustable /extendable/shortened or is it a fixed length and size?) to the ground instead of 3M tape or velcro straps or cable ties?

Your thoughts? Thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Cattoos 

If you are attaching the pole to a fence or timber structure, I suggest using a metal saddle in combination with Zenith 8G x 50mm Tufcote® Countersunk Rib Head Treated Pine Screws. As for the camera, I propose attaching a piece of timber at the end of the pole with saddles as well. In this manner you can use the screws provided by the kit and attach it directly to the timber without having to use any glue.

For the camera set up, I propose using Zenith 8G x 20mm Tufcote® Countersunk Rib Head Treated Pine Screw to mount the saddles to the timber piece.

I've placed a sample image below to give you an idea of how the entire setup can be put together. Please have a look and tell me what you think.

When people see the camera, it should be enough to make them have second thoughts.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Cattoos
Growing in Experience

Hi @MitchellMc I was wondering if there's a safe way to put the camera on top of my car roof. Any strategy to make it look natural and not get stolen? I just can't find the coverage to cover my car from inside my flat no matter what pole I use. If I put a camera inside car, it doesn't detect motion or alerts. I bought reolink battery Pan and tilt camera also. Please help. Thanks 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Cattoos 

Would it be possible for you to post a picture of where your car is parked? I just want to check if there are any fences or structures where you can mount your camera. There are some other possible options, but we would need to see the parking area to make sure that there is a place to mount the camera.

Eric

Cattoos
Growing in Experience

Hi @MitchellMc @EricL Please see attached photo showing my gate and car positioning. I am standing few steps outisde my gate to see this view of my car parked. Anywhere there I place a camera it would be stolen or noticeable. As you can see it is kind of difficult to capture or cover my car from my gate as i have to walk little bit outside my gate before I can see my car parked (it is the black one). I have thought of various places and ways to cover my car but considering the neighbourhood, it is almost confirmed my camera will be stolen or tampered with wherever i place it on the fence or outside my gate. I tried the pole technique from inside gate but the camera did not cover the car fully or satisfactorily. Then there are wifi issues as wifi range is not enough and even my wifi router and extender not fully reach where my car is parked and it is a fixed parking spot. So confused and frustrated on what to do. Any help from you would be great and appreciated if only I could solve this issue somehow anyhow. Thanks so much.

blackcarismine.blackcarismine.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Would there be an option to install the camera out of reach on the wall to the left of the photo @Cattoos? I understand that might be someone else's property, but perhaps you could approach them with the request and outline how it would increase their security. Let them know that if there were any security issues for them, you'd happily provide the video from the camera.

Mitchell

Cattoos
Growing in Experience

Thanks. Yes i Have thought about it but the issue is the front tenants and I have a sour relationship and i know they talk to those people so i m concerned they would disclose that i requested them to install a camera and then i m worried these front tenants would make the relationship even unbearable or sourer. I know its crazy. thanks

Cattoos
Growing in Experience

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to permanently attach a camera on top of my car that can't be vandalised or stolen? If yes, how? Would 3M tape, velcros be enough but the only issue is I would have to take the camera off to charge it as the charge lasts 2 months for my outdoor wifi battery camera. The reason I m thinking this is if I place a camera inside the car, camera does not send alerts or any motion or touch detection or any notifications, I have tried this with various cameras so that is why I will need to put a camera somewhere on the car or outside the car somehow anyhow. please help. thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I can't think of a viable way of attaching a camera to your vehicle that would also prevent it from being stolen @Cattoos

If there are no other possibilities of getting a camera to connect via wifi at that range, you could consider sticking a Swann Dome Imitation Camera With Flashing Light in a visible location right behind your car windscreen on the dashboard. It would be quite visible, and it has a flashing red light. What you'd lack in being able to be notified of someone tampering with your car will be made up for by the deterrent it will be. 

Mitchell

Cattoos
Growing in Experience

Hi @MitchellMc @EricL I m planning to travel and now i m worried that while I am not at home, my car could be attacked, damaged or vandalised in some way. I bought a door bell that I am scared to place outside gate as I m worried it would be stolen or broken as the area and the front tenant and even the landlord are known for their dangerous, carelessness & uncivilised activities (with no fear of law or police). I was wondering if I can alert police before going on my holiday about the situation and potential risk and damage or anything else you recommend I could do? Please help. I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects