Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

$50 Bunnings shoe rack

Dave11
Finding My Feet

$50 Bunnings shoe rack

shoe Rack.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Shoe Racks ( $ 50 Bunnings Shoe Rack)

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Dave11. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for sharing your project.

I had to check as I hadn't seen these $50 shoe racks on our website. Then I realised you had built them! They are fantastic and look like they could have been a purchased product. Did you come up with the design yourself as they make great use of space?

I trust you'll get plenty of questions from the community on how you made them. Would you care to share some details on their construction? What tools did you use?

We look forward to hearing about what other projects you have going on around your house and garden and we'd encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance or would like to share them with the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Shoe Racks ( $ 50 Bunnings Shoe Rack)

Great idea!

Noticed the little company director had a new set of wheels on Saturday night, so I am not sure I could keep up with the storage space...

4 pairs seem to cover me though.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: $50 Bunnings shoe rack

Great work @Dave11 and many thanks for sharing. 

As per @MitchellMc's message, we're looking forward to reading more about how you built these as well as seeing what other projects you tackle in the future. 

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site, or have any feedback about how we can make Workshop even more useful to you. 

Jason

ftimon
Just Starting Out

@Dave11 hey do you the measurements of the wood used to make rack?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @ftimon

Thank you for joining the discussion. I've done some preliminary measurements and the entire shoe rack could theoretically fit into a 1200mmx1200 sheet. Let me tag @Dave11 to make sure they are aware of your question. However, I am curious to know how thick the panel is and what kind of wood they used for the shoe rack. Looking at the photo it would seem to be at least 16mm in thickness.

I've placed an image of my timber estimate below, but we should wait for @Dave11's confirmation on the size and type of wood they used for the project. Please note that the measurements I've placed are for reference only.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects