Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

A lovely DIY indoor pond

Shaira
Building a Reputation

A lovely DIY indoor pond

One day I thought it would be nice if I could bring a little bit of garden inside our home.

I grew up in a country side surrounded by lush green landscapes and beautiful wild flowers. I would wake up to the sweetest melody of the colourful birds and every time a walk in the garden would be such a pleasant treat to the eyes as I got to enjoy a meadow or even a sight of a river as I trod along a gravel path. Growing up I remember my brother and I had a small pond right in front of our home where we had so many cute fish in it. We used to love looking after the pond and I have so many pleasant memories centred around that little pond so now that I’m married and have my own family I wanted to have a fish pond inside my home too.

So one day I went to Bunnings and bought this huge planter pot and it had a hole in it so first I covered the hole with the cement and made sure the water doesn’t leak through the hole. Then I added some cute pebbles in it and I also added some plants like xanadu plant and peace Lilly.

Bunnings was amazing as I could purchase everything from one place it made my life easy. Finally after setting up the pond I added water and some fish voila my little fish pond is all ready and it’s been about Two year now and it has been going well creating that country look in my living room.

DB7E2557-75C8-4045-9F9D-CEF84C47ED0D.jpeg

2EEEC96C-493E-4B97-A9F9-CC94B3CFD423.jpeg

3930A34C-94B1-4542-96AE-2ED96A3E3294.jpeg

6224183C-A7D7-4A10-97E9-A5555FFCF539.jpeg

A6AEEBC4-A0E4-4D76-80CE-3B2FE85961C1.jpeg

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: A lovely DIY indoor pond

Beautiful @Shaira, thanks for sharing a bit of your story with us and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community.

This is a clever idea and looks lovely in your home, but it's wonderful to know the sentimental place it has as well.

What's the upkeep like for this indoor pond?

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Shaira
Building a Reputation

Thank you so much Stevie

it doesn’t need much of an effort for maintenance as the plants help the water to stay clean and since I have got only four fish maintenance is easy once in a way I do add water and add a bit of aqua water conditioner which improves the pond water by removing harmful toxins and we never got any bad odour or anything the pond has been going great so far for all these two years 

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

That's fantastic @Shaira.

Thanks again for sharing and look forward to hearing about what you come up with next.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects