Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Best budget filler for under skirting boards?

ShelleyBean
Growing in Experience

Best budget filler for under skirting boards?

Hi folks,

I'm having a carpet laid on top of the concrete floor in my unit. But first I want to fill the huge gaps between the skirting board and the floor. What is the best budget product for this job, please? My DIY skill level is "newbie" 😕

20201013_183528.jpg

Thanks for any suggestions!

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Best budget filler for under skirting boards?

This Parfix gap filler will certainly do the job @ShelleyBean, and on a budget as requested.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to fill it in the first pace given it's going to be covered by the carpet? Is the gap that big you're worried it'll still be visible once the carpet is in?

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Thanks @ProjectPete 

Do I need anything else to make this work? Like a nozzle or a plunger for application?

My main reason for wanting to fill the gap is to stop the beasties from getting in! 🐜🕷

You just need a caulking gun and the nozzles are free (if not already attached to the filler, the person at checkout will give you one (ask for two)). You'll need a knife or scissors to cut the end of the nozzle to give a decent sized opening.

Squeeze a generous amount of filler into the gap and smooth it off with your finger (wet it first (saliva or water)), then wipe up any that gets onto the skirting. Nice and easy.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Hi @ShelleyBean,

It's great to see you've received some expert advice for @ProjectPete.

I thought I'd add a video of how to fill a gap between your skirting board and the wall. It follows very similar principals to the gap you wish to fill and I trust you'll find it helpful.

Please let us know if you need further information or run into difficulties. We're here to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @ProjectPete 😀

Thanks @MitchellMc , a picture speaks a thousand words and a video, even better! 😀

By the way, how do I go about ensuring I get the free nozzles if I place my order online, for delivery? 🤔

Hi @ShelleyBean

I would expect the team picking the order to include them. You might like to give the store a quick phone call on the morning of the day of your delivery to remind them. I'm sure they will include them, as many come with the nozzle attached, but it could save them a second trip.

Please let me know if you need any assistance with this.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects