Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Chequerboard entry transformation

Carmel1955
Having an Impact

Chequerboard entry transformation

AfterAfter

1990's house with 300 x 300 cream floor tiles on ground floor..quite dated and wanted a more defined entry...found Gerflor senso prime adhesive tiles at Bunnings 305 x 305 so small amount of trimming needed.  Used hair-dryer to apply tiles and they  have not moved.  Easily removed if wanted in the future. Painted the doors with black gloss acrylic paint. I have also a applied to the kitchen !! But that's for another post when it's in a more presentable state.

BeforeBefore

Office off entryOffice off entry

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Chequerboard entry transformation

Hello @Carmel1955

Thank you very much for sharing your entry transformation project. My initial impression was that you've removed some of the tiles and replaced them with black ones to create that lovely chequered pattern. But now that I've read that it is Gerflor Senso prime adhesive tiles I'm even more impressed as it is very difficult to place them next to real tiles and make them blend in. 

You've done a marvellous job on the layout and they look absolutely gorgeous. If you had not mentioned it, I would have concluded that you did the tiling the hard way and removed each individual tile. I believe the hairdryer helped immensely with softening up the vinyl allowing you to layin the tiles and have the edges slumped over the tile itself. It looks absolutely flawless and you would probably need to look really close to see that it is vinyl tiles.

Again, thank you for sharing your entry transformation project.

We look forward to seeing your next revamp.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects