Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Console upcycling makeover

EleventhCoastal
Making a Splash

Console upcycling makeover

05CD2BE2-4378-4ACA-87C1-A50FE1D13B2D.jpeg

I knew the minute I paid to have our 40+ year old couch refurbished I would have to add something special around it!

I spent months on the hunt for a second hand console that I could up-cycle.

The Console Table was purchased from The Mill Markets in Daylesford, first seen on a day trip with my hubby and then purchased 5 days later after not being able to get her out of my mind.

To get her from drab to fab I lightly sanded the frame, wiped it down and then sprayed it with Rusoleum Black Spray Paint.  After a few days of drying I added the gold detail using White Knights Strokes range of oil based enamel.

Originally I was going to recycle her to a raw state but during the sanding process I saw a tin of Feast Watson Black Japan and the rest is history.  This console has three coats of the Stain and Varnish.

The glass has a slight chip in it but to me that is what gives it the #relovedproject vibe.  The brand emblem on this item is Circa, I'd love to find out more about this range of furniture after working on this piece.

9D8B8D84-9E6A-4532-AC72-92DD7568298A.jpeg

480C4773-6BCB-4BD8-9D2A-6D34C80ECD4F.jpeg

A9BEC776-D20F-4B3B-BB23-3984CD6F1CB1.jpeg

A5B3F29F-73E8-4D6F-B382-2DC5C72C9F60.jpeg

3F34A7C2-C8BC-448B-A5C5-39598F5B9672.jpeg

Kirsty P
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Console upcycling makeover

Looks great @EleventhCoastal, many thanks for sharing. We love your work!

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you so very much Team, thank you for creating such a supportive community for us to all be apart off

Kirsty P

Hi @EleventhCoastal

That Black Japan colour on the console is just fantastic and the gold highlights add excellent contrast to the overall look of the table. 

Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful console upcycling makeover. 

Eric

Hi Eric,

Thank you so much for such kind feedback, I really appreciate it.  I am so excited with how the black and gold have turned out, a combination I didn't expect to love as much as I do.  

Cheers

Kirst

Kirsty P

Hi @EleventhCoastal

Sometimes it is the simple combinations that actually have a much larger impact. The black body, gold trim and glass top all combine to make a subdued but stunning display.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects