Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Father's Day presents and plans

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Father's Day presents and plans

Father's Day is only a week away, and I'm looking forward to what has become a family tradition in recent years - dinner at my favourite Japanese restaurant with the kids. 

In the meantime I must get something for my old man. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that it's never easy to find something for him. 

How are you going with your Father's Day present shopping? And for those Dads out there - are you giving any subtle hints about what's on your wish list?

It would also be great to hear about your plans for celebrating on the day.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
aly
Making a Splash

Re: Father's Day presents and plans

We ended up buying dad a swag for Father's day and he absolutely loved it! Now to get camping and put it to good use in summer...
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Father's Day is nearly upon us again! 

I'm looking forward to continuing the tradition of a dinner with the kids at my favourite restaurant. 

What are your plans for the day? Got any great gift ideas you can share? 

I need to get cracking on something for my old man.... For those like me that are yet to do any shopping, this might be a good place to start - https://www.bunnings.com.au/gift-ideas/gifts-by-occasion/fathers-day

Jason

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

I’m thinking about being cheeky and buying my own present - a Ring doorbell. I like the idea of being able to see who is at the door on my mobile wherever I am. But might have to wait for Christmas! 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What are your plans for this weekend?

Anyone struggling for gift ideas?

Jason

My go-to (less-than-thoughtful) gift for my dad every year is a Bunnings voucher with some craft beers. He's right into his Stouts and Black Ales at the moment so will be a few of those.

Plans - seeing my dad Sat morn then spendign Sunday with #wifey and my kids. We'll go for a hike (weather permitting), lunch, dinner, coffee, the lot. They always make it a special day for me and spoil me with love and gifts :smile:

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

My father passed this monday gone, so I will be remembering him with the family for the wonderful person he was :smile:

Our condolences @TheSaltyreefer, we are so sorry for your loss. Hope you have a special day of celebrating his life with your family.

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What does everyone have planned for Sunday? Is anyone struggling for gift ideas this year?

Unfortunately, due to Melbourne's ongoing lockdown I won't be able to see my Dad this Father's Day but hopefully soon. I've arranged for a delivery to him instead. 

Jason

Working on Saturday and its going to be a huge day

Bought my Birthday\Fathers Day pressie last month, so prolly take the GF out for a Lunch date

annette.jpgannette1.jpgAnnette2.jpgannette3.jpgAnnette4.jpg

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Jason 

I would love to get one of these for fathers Day! My old one got permanently borrowed by a relative.

Screenshot_2020-09-03 Karcher 1400W K2 Basic Plus High Pressure Cleaner.png

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects