Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Grid Connect light dimming schedule automation

CSParnell
Experienced Contributor

Grid Connect light dimming schedule automation

Hi All,

Just thought I would post a simple automation chain for setting a schedule to dim down  the Arlec globes a set times and days you require.

I work late nights on rotation and when I turn the ensuite light on I don't want to the light on full brightness waking up the better half and I don't also want to be fumbling for my phone to dim it down so I set the 2 following automations.

Someone might know how to combine them into 1 and that would be fantastic.

By setting your active period down the bottom you ate telling the automation when you want it active.

You can have the light switch flicked off and flick it on within that period and it will dim to lowest setting or whatever you have it set and it will remain in that state for that set period.

Carl

Screenshot_20220621-102751_Grid Connect.jpg

Screenshot_20220621-102411_Grid Connect.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Grid Connect Light Dimming Schedule

Hi @CSParnell

Is there a provision to program it on a day-to-day schedule? For example, if you're working late on Wednesday and Thursday it will run program 2 for low light, but for the rest of the week it will run program 1 for full brightness. If there is such a function you can program it for the rest of the month based on your schedule.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CSParnell
Experienced Contributor

Re: Grid Connect Light Dimming Schedule

These are your options.

Screenshot_20220621-181033_Grid Connect.jpg

Screenshot_20220621-181042_Grid Connect.jpg

 Maybe  a request feature to Arlec for future release for a monthly calendar would be awesome 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects