Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Grid Connect light dimming schedule automation

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Grid Connect light dimming schedule automation

Hi All,

Just thought I would post a simple automation chain for setting a schedule to dim down  the Arlec globes a set times and days you require.

I work late nights on rotation and when I turn the ensuite light on I don't want to the light on full brightness waking up the better half and I don't also want to be fumbling for my phone to dim it down so I set the 2 following automations.

Someone might know how to combine them into 1 and that would be fantastic.

By setting your active period down the bottom you ate telling the automation when you want it active.

You can have the light switch flicked off and flick it on within that period and it will dim to lowest setting or whatever you have it set and it will remain in that state for that set period.

Carl

Screenshot_20220621-102751_Grid Connect.jpg

Screenshot_20220621-102411_Grid Connect.jpg

LCairns
Getting Established

Re: Grid Connect light dimming schedule automation

Thanks @CSParnell and @MitchellMc for all your help.

Really appreciate it.

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Hey @LCairns how did you go with the Lytworx lights any better?

LCairns
Getting Established

I didn't end up buying as I prefer the shape of the other bulbs better. Thanks for your help again!

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

No problem at all, we will tag you when we get an update anyways so you know.

If you need help with anything else you know where to find me Instore or Mitchell or myself on here.

Carl

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Many thanks for your patience in this matter, @LCairns.

It appears that there is only a limited range of the six selectable colours for this product. It does not have what would be considered the full RGB spectrum to select from. I apologise for this inconvenience, and I've passed the details on to our merchandise team so we can have the packaging changed to reflect the product's features better.

We'd be happy to offer you an exchange or refund for the product. Please let me know if you need any assistance with your return.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
corey3
Just Starting Out

Hi,
Can you please let me know which grid connect light this is? I am looking for a smart light that I can set a timer to say.. turn on at 6:30am at 50% brightness - 7am at 100% brightness - 8am turn off.. or similar schedule timers for different dimming setting.
I’m not sure if I am reading you wrong, but it sounds like this product does what I need?
Thanks
Corey

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @corey3. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Grid Connect globes.

Let me mention @CSParnell, but it sounds like he's referencing Arlec Grid Connect globes and the functionality of the Grid Connect app itself. I trust he'll get back to us with confirmation.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@corey3 @MitchellMc

Sorry guys been flat out at work. 

Yes with the globes or light fittings through the app you can set time for on, adjust colour, adjust temperature, adjust brightness and then set count down for off or you can leave on and set another timer for a different set of parameters for another time in the day. Or set a timer for straight off. 

The parameters will depend on the type of globe or light. 

Example. 

I have hallway lights which are GU10 smart globes they are switched by a smart motion sensor, between 6am and 6pm they are on full bright and daylight colour, from 6.01pm and 5.59am they are on warm white and 35% brightness 

They trigger is the sensor but the globes are grouped and I control that group light and set the time constraints by 2 x separate automations, I then have a 3rd automation that if no movement is detected by the sensor in 3min then turn off the grouped globes which works for the day or night automation. 

If that just confused you more let me know I'll take some screen shots of the automations 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects