Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Holes in ceiling

Rebeccno
Finding My Feet

Holes in ceiling

IMG_20200408_154603.jpg

I have recently noticed small screw holes appear in the ceiling  ofmy house. They aren't random but in a straight line. The holes look like screw holes. Please can someone advice what might be the cause, should i get someone to inspect the roof asap  (I am scared if I don't pay attention now it might lead to further damage) or can  I wait till the situation  gets back to normal. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Holes in ceiling

Hi @Rebeccno,

Can you please tell us a little more about your house? Do you know when it was built? Have the ceilings been replaced recently?

Welcome to the Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us and trust that you'll get plenty of helpful and reassuring assistance from our clever and creative members, as well as plenty of project inspiration for work around the house and garden.

Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @Jason 

I have recently purchased this house. It is about 14 yrs old.

roof construction: Timber framed, Finished with roofing tiles, Pitched roof .The ceilings have not been replaced.

TheSaltyreefer
Becoming a Leader

picture doesnt come up to well on my phone, it's probs the studs holding the gyprock over time they can move or shrink alittle causing the screws to break the surface 

alittle patch filler over the holes will normally remedy this easily :smile:

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

I have no plastering experience.

But...

You describe them as "holes" = cavitys?

Therefore the gyprock is coming away from the ceiling - in a newish house.

Every room?

Yes it's in every room. The holes aren't deep but a little paint coming out from the ceiling.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects