Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can you install Wooden Flooring with metal door frames

Samviv
Finding My Feet

How can you install Wooden Flooring with metal door frames

I am renovating my apartment and hoping to lay wooden floors. We have found an issue that we have metal door frames which are flush to the wall.

Are there any solutions that we could use to achieve a nice finish around the doors as I am aware that the wooden flooring could end up looking very unfinished around the base of the door frames as we have them currently (as we cant easily remove the frames to put the edges of the wooden flooring under them).

Pictures of the frames:

IMG_4937.jpgIMG_4935.jpgIMG_4938.jpgIMG_4936.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Wooden Flooring with metal door frames

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Samviv. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

We've covered this topic before and had a great solution provided from the very knowledgeable @ProjectPete. In the discussion Angle grinder on doorframes by @Kathy2, Pete mentions that you should undercut the door frame with an angle grinder to allow the flooring to slot into it. He goes into great description on how to go about this in the discussion.

Please feel free to have a read and if you have further questions let us know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects