Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I fill the gap between door frame, Window frame and brick wall?

Dpatel
Just Starting Out

How do I fill the gap between door frame, Window frame and brick wall?

My home main entrance door frame and brick wall has a big gap from outside..

also the same issue with window frame and brick wall outside of the house.

please help me out.

20240320_151457.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I fill the gap between door frame, Window frame and brick wall?

Hello @Dpatel 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about filling the gap between your door frame and brick wall.

Usually in these situations I would recommend using Selleys 430g White No More Gaps Exterior Gap Filler. But it appears that the space between your door frame and the brick wall is at the limit the gap filler can fill in. 

I suggest getting a ruler and measuring the space of the gap. If the entire length of the gap falls under 10mm then it will be possible to use Selleys Gap Filler. However, if parts of the gap go past 10mm it will be necessary to use an H3 Timber Moulding to fill the gap and then use the Selleys Gap Filler to finish off the small gaps.

The timber moulding can be attached to the brick wall using Selleys 320g Liquid Nails Original Construction Adhesive. The timber moulding is suppose to be at the same level as the door frame. The same procedure can be applied to your window gaps but remember to measure the gap first to see if you can use the Selleys filler by itself.

If the gap is smaller than 10mm, I suggest using Moroday 10mm x 5m White Gap Filler Rod. The rod will prevent the gap filler from flowing too deeply into the gap. Make sure to push rod filler no deeper than 5mm so that you won't have to use a great deal of filler.

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when working on your project.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects