Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hang a mosaic tile?

CelesteLingford
Getting Established

How to hang a mosaic tile?

image.jpg

Hi everyone, I would like to do a mosaic on the other side of this tile. I Hebrew 2 5mil holes drilled and was planing on using some sort of wire to hang it. It will be heavy though so I’d like to protect the holes. Anyone know what I should do??

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: i would like to hang a tile and protect the hole!

Good Evening @CelesteLingford 

Welcome to the Bunnings community page, I am sure there will be plenty of ideas and suggestions on what you can do.

I just had a look at some wire that you may like and believe it or not I didnt even think of a colour! lol I was just after some plain silver wire. This one is white! everhang 10m white hobby wire I would also suggest to use some type of grommet. These ones are just to show what I mean. They go through and around the holes you have made so the weight/pressure/cutting dosnt chew into the wire or edge of the hole.  pinnacle 3.8 x 1.2 black wiring grommet 6 pack You would just need to find ones that suit your tile (btw they are not essential) 

Dave

Hi Dave, A GROMET thankyou for the correct wording and the advice. Your a star

Hello @CelesteLingford 

Allow me to welcome you as well to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us. Dave-1's suggestion is spot on! The grommet will protect the tile from getting scraped. It sounds like a very interesting project, please don't forget to post an update. I'm sure our members will be keen to see what you are creating.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I will do that and thank you Eric 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects