Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to loosen a stuck up saw blade bolt?

asther1992
Finding My Feet

How to loosen a stuck up saw blade bolt?

My ozito double bevel sliding compound miter saw is burning wood cuts. I aasume its because of a blunt saw blade. However,  o cannt loosen the hex bolt to change the blade. I tried tapping and using wd40 and other penetrants and lubricants still it wont bulge.  Any suggestions? Thanks

20201203_123529.jpg

20201203_124709.jpg

20201203_124706.jpg

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to loosen a stuck up saw blade bolt?

Try placing a block of wood against the fence and pulling down the saw head so the blade's teeth "bite" into the wood. While doing that with the right hand use a socket wrench with the correct sized socket in the left hand - and turn anti-clockwise...

(Does the instruction manual give any details on the thread direction?)

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi Asther.

I had a look at my similarly aged Ozito early this morning and I was wrong, sorry - on my machine to remove the 13 mm nut, turn CLOCKWISE.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @asther1992. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

You might be interested in reading through a previous discussion on stuck bolts: Help!! Unable to remove blade on Mitre Saw by @Tara86.

As @Noyade has mentioned above, after removing the tool power cord from the socket, using a piece of timber is a great way to lock the blade. You will then undo the bolt in a clockwise direction.

As per my response in the other discussion, if you are unscrewing the bolt in the correct direction (which is clockwise) and you are struggling to remove it, then I would suggest returning to a Bunnings store and seeing if a team member can assist. They will assess the machine and work out what would be the next course of action.

Please let us know how you go.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hello Mitchell. 

I guess its time to buy another miter saw. The unit is a homecoming gift from my sister. I live in a different country so i cant bring it to any Bunnings store.  Thanks so.much for your reply

Yes sir i followed it. And yes its turned clockwise to unscreww the bolt

That's fantastic to hear @asther1992 and great to see the Workshop community has assisted you with a solution. Let me mention @Noyade as I trust they will be excited to know that the problem is now solved.

Please let us know anytime you need help with a project around your home and garden.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects