Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove a dark water stain on wood floor?

Dushan
Just Starting Out

How to remove a dark water stain on wood floor?

Hello, We have a dark water stain in our wood floor from indoor plant pot. I have tried to clean it wit a little bit of bleach still no luck. Much appreciate if you can suggest a suitable product that might help to get rid of the stain, thanks.

IMG_8053.jpeg

IMG_8051.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove a dark water stain on wood floor?

Hello @Dushan 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about removing water stains on your floor.

I suggest starting with the basics and that is with a toothbrush some water and detergent. Scrub along the dark spots in the direction of the timber grain. It's possible that mould and mildew have settled into the grain of the timber floor. Once you have scrubbed it as best you can, I suggest using a hair dryer to dry the floor off.

If the blackness refuses to go my next suggestion is using Exit Mould 500mL Mould & Stain Cleaner Trigger Spray. Please note that this is a very powerful mould cleaner and excessive use could bleach your timber floor excessively and damage could occur. I suggest using only one drop of the exit mould on the darkest parts of your floor.

Scrub the surface with the toothbrush and once clean dilute the surface with water and dry it off with a clean rag.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dushan
Just Starting Out

Re: How to remove a dark water stain on wood floor?

Hi Eric, Thanks for your prompt response. I will try what you have suggested and let you know how I go.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects