Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

I would like to learn handyman works

happysohal
Finding My Feet

I would like to learn handyman works

Hi All,

Could anyone please teach me handyman works?

I am ready to buy required tools.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: I would like to learn handyman works

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @happysohal. It's fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

You've certainly come to the right place for assistance with handyperson jobs as our knowledgable and helpful members are always willing to lend a hand.

Were there any particular jobs you wanted to learn how to do first, perhaps there were some items needing fixing around your own home? Our D.I.Y. Advice page has thousand of topics available with step-by-step instructions and videos on how to complete just about every job around your house and garden.

Our members would be more than happy to give some tips, tricks and advice if there were any specific questions you had whilst getting started gaining skills.

We look forward to hearing more about what you would like to achieve first and I would encourage you to provide as much detail as possible to assist our members in giving their great advice.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks MitchellMc for quick reply.

I would like to start from basic like gardening, decking, landscaping fencing etc.

I wanted to gain as much skills as i could.

If anyone need a volunteer or where i  could gain knowledge - i can happily to attend.

Hi @happysohal,

I'd encourage you to seek some Non-for-profit charitable organisations which always need volunteers. Since you would like to start with gardening I can suggest an organisation similar to Easy Care Gardening that operates in Sydney. This organisation provides a gardening service by teams of volunteers for frail older people living in their own homes. You'll find there are many charitable organisations like this around Australia and you can search them online. They would be a great place to work alongside other keen and experienced gardeners and also offer assistance to those in need in your own community.

I've added the links to several step-by-step D.I.Y. articles here which I trust you'll find useful in gaining gardening knowledge- How to plan and install an irrigation systemHow to mow your lawnHow to revive your lawnHow to plant a hedgeHow to prune rosesHow to build a simple raised garden bedHow to fill a raised garden bedHow to plant a tree shrub or a roseHow to plan a garden makeoverHow to give your garden a makeover and How to pot a plant.

These topics cover many of the basics when starting out doing work in the garden and will become essential knowledge for a handyperson.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks MitchellMc.

I know this is an old post, but I just stumbled upon it & wondered how such a broad request could be answered. I would like to say that @MitchellMc 's response was noticeably generous and brilliantly useful. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects