Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Inconsistent water pressure

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Inconsistent water pressure

Hi all, my ensuite and second bathroom are both on the top floor of my home and essentially back onto each other however the water pressure in the ensuite is much weaker than the pressure in the second bathroom - so the kids are getting it better than #wifey and me...

Is there anything that can be done from a plumbing perspective to adjust this pressure issue? It's particularly frustrating waiting to fill our bath with a max capacity of 310L.

TIA

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Mathy
Becoming a Leader

Re: Inconsistent water pressure

Hi @ProjectPete , so I’ve been thinking about this for a while. The “weaker” pressure happens even IF the taps to the “kid’s” bathroom are closed?

’Cos all things being equal, unless the taps in the other bathroom are open, all the pressure should be directed into your rather beautiful bath.

So, is it perhaps a matter of perception? It’s quite a large bath and takes longer to fill, therefore leading you to feel like the pressure is inadequate? 🤔 

This happens all the time. And it's not just the bath. The shower is weaker, even the basin taps are weaker. 

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Our shower water pressure has dropped recently. It's really annoying. Wish I knew what we could do about it!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects