Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hi Cat,

Welcome to the community.

Please don't hold back on before and after photo's of what you've achieved so far because even a coat of paint can transform a room to no end and can be so rewarding to move on.

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Cheers,

Barbara

seannami
Building a Reputation

Thanks Barbara!

I have been mainly taking video of the progress to eventually put on Youtube, but I might just make a progress post here today!

Royce
Just Starting Out

Just found this and joined up, looks like a great place to share ideas with

I will put up photos and videos of my new Ozito shredder, which works great.

Great to be on board.

Royce.

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Just found this and joined up, looks like a great place to share ideas with

Hi @Royce!

Welcome to the Workshop community! It is great to have you here. 

This is an amazing community to share projects, ask questions, and give advice on all things D.I.Y. and gardening. 

We would love to know what you think about your Ozito shredder and any tips and tricks you would give to someone who also owns one. 

Looking forward to seeing your projects. 

Katie

jennih
Cultivating a Following

Hi

My name is Jenny and I have moved into a new house.

My current projects are around setting up a new garden, greenhouse and making my interiors look stunning.

I have become an expert in unpacking and assembling flat packs and new furniture deliveries and making tired furniture look alive and urban using Dulux Stainless Steel effect paint and a collection of bright mismatched chairs.

Mixing old world with modern contemporary will make my house comfortable for everyone.
My favourite piece so far is my big Brontë Lava table.

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @jennih,

A warm welcome to the Workshop community! You will find this is a great place to connect over all things DIY and gardening. 

Sounds like your new home is going to look ultra chic and cozy. Please feel free to ask questions and post photos and stories with each project you complete in the garden and inside your home as the community benefits from you sharing your triumphs and learnings. I am especially interested in your use of the Dulux Stainless Steel effect paint! 

Katie

jennih
Cultivating a Following

Thanks Katie,

I have an old timber veneer dressing table 

I removed  the pitted mirror and I want to paint it (upcycle) with my Dulux Stainless Steel effect paint.

What primer do you think will work best?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jennih. It's fantastic to have you join us. I trust you'll get loads of help and inspiration from our clever and creative members. It sounds like you have a lot of knowledge and experience to share, too.

I regards to your dressing table, I would encourage you to hit the Start a discussion button and share some photos of the piece. Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts Mitch and Eric will be happy to help, and I'm sure other members would also be happy to assist and very keen to see before and after photos.

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Thanks,

Jason

@jennih 

Hi Jenny,

Welcom to the community.

I'm sure everyone would love to see some  pics of your recent projects and I'm especially interested with the stainless steel paint effect you speak of as I love anything remotely silver!!

I too have old solid timber furniture that look perfectly ok left as is, so I don't repaint but have revarnished the od thing but the items are still old so have the odd ding or scratch but I love the history behind old things.

Look forward to you sharing.

Cheers,

Barbara

jennih
Cultivating a Following

Hi @KatieC

6699101D-3B37-486D-9365-B82770A3CFAC.jpeg

55C6B12B-77EB-497A-AAF7-5D1B041D2A52.jpeg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects