Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Please help...is DAR pine treated?

AnitaP
Having an Impact

Please help...is DAR pine treated?

Hello Community.

Sorry for this easy question for you guys, but is the DAR premium pine treated or untreated? I have no idea.

Thank you.

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Please help...is DAR pine treated?

Congratulations on making your first post to Bunnings Workshop @AnitaP!

Let me tag @redracer01 and @MitchellMc who might be able to help answer your question. What are you looking to use the timber for? (Are you planning on using the pine indoors or outdoors?)

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @AnitaP

DAR - Dressed All Round - timber. Dressed timber has been machined on all sides leaving a smooth surface. DAR timber is used for a variety of uses including home renovations, joinery, DIY projects as well as for architecturally-inspired designs such as feature walls and screening.

DAR - Interior use only means that it is not treated and is not meant to be used out in the weather. Usually found inside the store under cover.

DAR - Treated means that it can be used externally and can be used even in extreme weather. Most of these types of timber is usually outside in the timber yard of the store.

DAR Premium - If you are on the Bunnings website it is usually written below in the description if it is for internal or external use. It will also say if it is treated or not as you will see a reference to the "H" rating. H3, H4 as an example. Below is a picture of a DAR premium pine treated. If you tell us what you are planning to build we can give you a better recommendation as to what timber to use.

Cheers,

Red

Screenshot_2021-03-04 88 x 88mm 1 8m Premium Wrapped Pine Treated F7 KD H4 DAR.png

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @AnitaP,

It's great to see you've received a prompt and helpful reply from the knowledgeable @redracer01.

Please let us know if you have any questions or would like specific advice about a particular product you'd like to use.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects