Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ryobi RWP-170G to quick connect

dylank0199
Just Starting Out

Ryobi RWP-170G to quick connect

Hello

I recently purchased Ryobi RWP-170G pressure washer and also bought Chemical Guys BIG MOUTH MAX RELEASE FOAM CANNON but it has 1/4" Quick connect but my pressure washer doesn't have this quick connect feature. What do i need to get? fittings etc.. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ryobi RWP-170G to quick connect

Hello @dylank0199

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about the Ryobi RPW170-G pressure washer.

I've just been in contact with the Ryobi technical department and they've informed me that they can't recommend using the big mouth foam cannon with the RPW170-G pressure washer. Although it may work for the short term, it might have an unpredictable effect on the motor and burn it out. The RPW170-G has its own soap spraying tank at the back of the unit which has been designed to work with the spray unit. 

However, if you're wondering what kind of part would work on the hose unit of the RPW170-G I suggest an M22 male fitting with a 1/4 quick release female fitting on the other end. I recommend doing a google search for it, as it is a specialized part. 

Let me tag our experienced members @TedBear and @ProjectPete for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

It is interesting that Ryobi have their own foam sprayer, although it doesn't mention being  suitable for the RPW170-G. Maybe it is too powerful for this attachment to handle?

https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-variable-flow-foam-sprayer_p0018777?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7vnig5fK9gIV...

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @TedBear

That's an excellent suggestion, I was going to make the same recommendation as well. Unfortunately, it's only compatible with the RPW140-G, RPW140SC and RPW150-G. I'm afraid the RPW170-G is not in the list.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects