Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What can I use to fix this gap letting in so much heat?

bunlovers
Getting Established

What can I use to fix this gap letting in so much heat?

42401E03-8C3A-49BA-B2AC-C042949CBCE3.jpeg

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: what can i use tofic this gap !?? letting in so much heat!

I would've thought a simple rubber seal would do just fine

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

What type and thickness? Theres so many lol

Well that will come down to how much space there is and you need to make sure it's not too big/thick that it interferes with your door shutting. I think you'll find what you need in the hooks/latches section of Bunnings because I'm pretty sure that's where their weather seals and stuff are.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Mathy
Becoming a Leader

Hi @bunlovers - it is a large gap! Can you see all the way to the outside through that gap? Asking because, there should be a piece of timber (door jamb) in the way. How you fix it depends on whether that door jamb is actually there, or whether the door is the wrong size (too small) and the actual door jamb is that piece of timber on the left hand side in your photo, cheers Deb :smile:

bunlovers
Getting Established

Yeh when we got broken into the guy to come fix the door ect just must have gotten his job from a ceral box and just shaved it way to thin i did get a door seal but trying to figure how to put it on lol Q build builders can honestly not fix anything right except make it worse for example putting a skylight in the bathroom calling it a vent yet all it does is make it a sauna and let flys in evem the flooring and carpet just WOW i could of done it properly if knew everything back then

@bunlovers - seriously, someone came to fix the door after a break in, and left it like that? BH!! I honestly would a) get the dude back and make him fix it properly, if that’s not possible then plan b) is take some more detailed pictures - the one above, and some with the door open - take them to the Trade Desk at Bunnings and ask for someone to help you out. I’m pretty sure you need a new door jamb - you shouldn’t be able to see through to the outside, and it would be easier to explain at the store, than by me writing - if that makes sense? Cheers Deb :smile:

Steven
Cultivating a Following

Re: What can I use to fix this gap letting in so much heat?

713DF3E2-5895-4BF5-801A-44EB775290D1.jpeg

I redone my own front door and replaced the door jamb which came with seals that insert into a groove after finish is applied, a lot more cleaner finish than your stick-ons that tend to compress after time. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects