Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What did you do over the weekend?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What did you do over the weekend?

Hi everyone,

Every Monday I'm keen to hear what you got up to over the weekend.

It might have been starting a new project, getting stuck into some gardening, hosting a cracking BBQ, catching a new movie, getting some exercise, catching up with friends and family, or just relaxing with a good book.

Please share in the discussion below. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What did you do over the weekend?

I'll kick off...

Highlight of the weekend for me was playing cricket with both my sons for the first time. It was my younger boy's first senior game and just my older son's second. It was really fun to play in the same team together. 

We also did some more planning for the backyard project - it's nearly time to order the bathroom vanity, toilet, taps etc so we've been searching for the right products. 

Jason

Probably not as much DIY as I should have... Spent Saturday afternoon at the beach with the kids and our dog, rather than painting the eaves.

The one DIY-related thing I did do was trial some decking oil on some off-cuts for our new deck, which is almost finished. We're using a water-based clear oil on the deck and the posts for the pergola. Good news is the trial was a success, so I'll add oiling the deck to my (very long) to-do list.

And maybe I'll get to those eaves next weekend...

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Spent the weekend at the beach. Was fantastic beach weather. 

Had a BBQ last night and there was limited meat selections at the small beachside supermarket. But got a boneless lamb roast, pulled off the netting and trimmed it a bit so it was reasonably flat like a butterflied cut. Turned out really well!  

Sunnette
Finding My Feet

Mostly kidlet stuff, but I took my three year old to Bunnings where they had awesome kiddie activity. They helped him build a sliding lid box. He came home and painted it. He's so proud.

And on Sunday we battled creeping fig together. I can't feel my arms anymore, I haven't used a saw in probably 20 years. Which leads me to ask a question, but I guess I'll do that somewhere else, not in this thread.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop @Sunnette. Great to have you join the community.

Sounds like the gardening board would be the best place for your question. Feel free to fire away.

Looking forward to hearing all about your projects. 

Jason 

cupofchloe
Having an Impact

We're having a long awaited 'spring' clean in Summer and we are installing better storage solutions in our home.

We're in the process of:

Changing the spare room into an office space - new wardrobe installation, potentially a wall bed installation 

Cleaning out the carport and 'man cave' and installing storage

Reordering our kitchen and installing kitchen storage in the pantry

So far, we've done alot of throwing out of things and have put together storage shelves in the car port.

Next step:

* Find the right Kitchen Storage for the pantry - lots of jars and spices, I can't find or reach in the back of the pantry

* Clean out the items in the man cave! - Its a deep cave, where everything that doesn't have a place in the home is stored too!

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Nothing to exciting for me, I got given my ToDo List and I got to work.

I focused on getting the front grass in a better state with some fertilisers, etc.

Gave the ensuite a fresh coat of paint, then realise ld it was a bit of a waste of time considering #wifey has decided I'm going to be tiling the entire walls "sometime this year".

Got a few new ornamental things and hung them round the place.

Started planning how I'll be making/installing a new wooden benching from wall to wall in laundry.

Wonder what next weekend will bring.
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Highlight of my weekend was attending the women's final at the Australian Open. It was a great match and certainly a surprise result.

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

I rescued a few plants from the chaos of the building works in the backyard over the weekend. The argavae were the priority as they are so resilient. I also hacked into some trees on the fenceline with the permission of our neighbour, but fear we need some professional assistance to remove them. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects