Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What drill to buy?

missjane
Finding My Feet

What drill to buy?

What's the best drill for me to buy I want to go to drill into bricks and wood , cordless , and what is essential drill parts do I need to buy

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What drill to buy?

Hi @missjane,

Thanks for your question. 

I'm sure the Bunnings Workshop community will be happy to help. You might like to be a little more specific about the projects you'd like to tackle and how much you will be using the drill so that members can provide more specific and helpful advice for you.  

I'd also encourage you to check out these previous discussions on the site as they have loads of valuable advice:

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Happy to share my thoughts @missjane but first...

• Do you already have cordless tools so you have a battery system to stick with?
  • How often will you use it and will it be for light/medium/heavy duty use?
  • What sort of budget are you working with?
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @missjane,

I would recommend taking a look at the Ryobi One 18v Brushless Drill Driver. It is a brushless unit which means more runtime and power over a brushed motor unit, keyless chuck and a convenient work light. It would be worth considering upgrading to the Ryobi One 18v Brushless Hammer Drill Driver as this will also allow you to drill into masonry.

For essential drill bits, I would recommend getting a couple of kits to cover the majority of what you need. The two kits would be the RYOBI 56 Piece Impact Drilling And Driving Set and a Sutton Tools 6 Piece Masonry Drill Bit Set. These will allow you to complete many jobs around the home and garden. If there were any specific projects you wished to construct with the drill I can advise other bits to suit.

Please let us know if you need further information or have any question.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects