Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is the best battery operated Drill to buy for small home improvements

Elly2
Growing in Experience

What is the best battery operated Drill to buy for small home improvements

I thought I would do a practice run on using a battery operated drill, and just thought I would ask my fellow 'Bunningphiles' to see what they recommend. I am open to reviews and suggestions. Your help is much appreciated towards purchasing this drill.

Thank you in advance.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What is the best battery operated Drill to buy for small home improvements

Hi @Elly2,

You might like to have a read through some previous discussions on choosing a drill:

Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Ryobi 18V ONE+ 4.0Ah Hammer Drill Kit as it will allow you to drill into wood, steel and masonry and comes with a substantial 4.0AH battery. It has an easy selection to go from drilling large holes to fixing fine screws.

I have this drill and several others in the Ryobi range and can't fault it for home renovation purposes. The battery is also compatible with the rest of the Ryobi 18V range, which means now that you have a battery and charger, you can buy just the skin version of other tools saving money. There's really a fantastic array to choose from.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Elly2
Growing in Experience

Thanks Mitchell, I'll check the links out and wait for the specials :smile:

Elly

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

My pleasure, @Elly2.

If you were looking for a more budget-friendly option, I've heard good things about the Ozito PXC 18V Hammer Drill Kit. You could also choose to drop the hammer function for masonry and go for the Ozito PXC 18V Drill Driver Kit.

If you really wanted to get your hands on something that would most likely do everything you need (apart from masonry) as someone starting out, then even the Ozito Home 12V Drill Driver Kit would be sufficient. I had something like that when I first began my journey into D.I.Y. as I wasn't confident investing in the more premium units. It was great for drilling holes and replacing screws.

I look forward to hearing about your decision and seeing the projects that you complete.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Elly2
Growing in Experience

Hi Mitchell

This looks like something more my speed, to begin with. Thank you for your advice. I'll keep you posted on my projects.

Elly

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects