Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What project do you want to tackle next?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What project do you want to tackle next?

Many people have long lists of projects they would love to tackle around the house and garden.

We'd love to hear from you about the one project you want to get stuck into next. 

Let us know by replying below.

I'm sure the rest of the Workshop community will be more than happy to give you some advice and help along the way. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What project do you want to tackle next?

Welcome @Jennifer. We're really pleased you could join the Workshop community and are sure you will learn lots from our community members. 

We haven't had much chat about hydroponics on Workshop lately but it's an great topic that I'm sure many members would be interested in. Can you please go to the Gardening board and hit the Start a discussion button and describe in a bit more detail what kind of setup you would like to create? By starting a new discussion your questions will be more prominent and more likely to be seen by other members who have experience with hydroponics. 

Same goes for your storage project. If its for outside - pop your questions in the Outdoor Living board, or if its for inside, the best place would be Interiors. Some photos of the space as well as more detail on what you are planning would help members provide more specific and helpful advice. 

Thanks again for joining us.

Jason

Skinny1
Finding My Feet

Raised twin dog bowl feeder

Dragonshair
Getting Established

I will be tackling a few small projects while I work on my major project of building a gazibo around the side and back of the house.  It will cover a very large area (not sure of square metres as yet).  It is a very big project to tackle solo on a very tight budget and I plan to do it in stages over the next 2-5 years.

The structure has to go around the house, around a couple of trees and over an existing shade house that will be pulled down once it is complete.

Once constructed, it will be covered by varous vines such as grape, passion fruit, kiwi fruit, etc.

Jessamy
Just Starting Out

Hello,

My first project would be to finish painting the house inside and out as well as keeping the garden nice, neat and colourful. 

I'm hoping to be able to share some good ideas from the Forum members and at the same time learn to do a lot of things myself.

@Jessamy

I'm working through a to-do list to prep this house ready to sell toward end of year. In the short term this includes cleaning/oiling Marri feature wall in pool area (doing this wknd), penny-round tile splashback in ensuite, extend wall tiling in guest bathroom, replace (slightly gross) feature tile strip in ensuite and guest bathroom showers. Then there'll be some painting to freshen some rooms up, looking to replace benchtops in ensuite/guest bathroom and the cabinetry in guest bathroom. So plenty to do :smile:

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

A box using box joints for my box joint jig.

Try saying that after a few beers!

Box spline jig is ordered so need another box this time with splines.

Had my first try at biscuit jointing on the router table too, interesting experience since I found some triton biscuits to use. Need to Velcro the sander too, sick of cutting and punching sheets for it.

Welcome to Workshop @Dragonshair and thanks for joining in the discussion. I trust you will receive lots of great assistance and inspiration for your projects from our community members. 

Your gazebo project sounds fantastic. You might like to go to the Outdoor Living board and hit the Start a discussion button so you can start documenting the project. I'm sure community members would have some great advice for you along the journey. You might like to start with some photos of the existing area so members see what you are working with. 

Thanks again for joining us and please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jessamy,

Thanks for joining in. You might find this previous discussion useful for some tips as you finish the house - Share your best painting tips. Hopefully you'll also be able to add your own tips. 

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to Workshop. It's fantastic to have you join the community. I'm sure you will receive plenty of information, ideas, and inspiration from our members for your projects.

Please let me know if you ever need anything. Thanks again,

Jason

My next project is to clean driveway and re-seal.
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Going to have some planning time.

Drilling a hole in Velcro with a brad point drill bit was not a good idea.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects