Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What's your favourite room in your house?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Winter is rapidly approaching, which means many of us tend to bunker down and spend more time indoors than outdoors.

At our place, we've started to put the fire on at night when it gets a little chilly, even though most days recently have been unseasonably warm. Our front lounge room gets late afternoon sun and is the perfect place to take advantage of some late-season warmth and catch up on some reading or a nap. It's my favourite room. 

Jason

Lounge.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Re: What's your favourite room in your house?

I love our open plan kitchen. It's really the centre of the house. When friends or family come over it's always where the action is, sharing food and drink around the island bench. I think it being an informal space really makes people feel welcome and at home and I love entertaining. 

I also spend most time in the kitchen, so that must be my favourite!

Goldmember
Having an Impact

It's a modest room but I love having a home theatre. Why pay ridiculous amounts of money to go to the cinema when you can enjoy big screen action at home. It's always gold class at our place!

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Our favourite would have to be our little sun room (used to be a dining room) that adjoins the kitchen. The winter sun shines through the glass sliding door, & ushers a relaxing view of our bird baths that are nestled in our native garden. We don't have any exotic birds, but the ones that we have, have been for generations, & all call it home.

My wife was always afraid that Mynabirds might take to it, & bully our tweeties away. I had a feeling that it wouldn't be a problem, as all the different birds get along amazingly well here, & had an inkling that they'd act as a group to repel the Mynabirds. The day came when a Mynabird came snooping around, & out of nowhere came a frenzied mass of our birds, which let the intruder know that neither he/she or others were welcome, & we've never seen one since. : )

There's not a day goes by where my darling wife, I, & our 4 legged boys don't chill out in there. The fridge is close, so bubblies for the lady, & beers for us blokes.

Personally I would be outside year round if the weather permitted, I spend most of my time in my 3rd bedroom office space on my PC.
Wood Working with Wayne
John1
Having an Impact

IMG_1130.JPGFullSizeRender.jpgIMG_1131.JPG

My favourite room is our Crafts Room as I am relegated to my desktop computer Pam has the rest. Fair enough I have the Garage Workshop. I built everything in this room using dowel inserts [forgot the name] never done a full room project like this before.

My neighbours wanted to know what all the banging and crashing was and my wife said  'it's only John making a craft room for me". I could only do it for short bursts as I had a bad accident at work nearly loosing my arms. and when they would to sore for me to continue I would stop. Took me 3 months work but determination and a wish to return to work in the Composite Industry kept me going. Hey I'm no cabinet maker but to me the satisfaction and the look on Pam's face made it all worth while. Now I have Chronic Pain Syndrome and still am not allowed back to my industry as my shoulders and back scream "Surrender". I still do my DIY projects  though a lot smaller and my neighbours have never asked again about banging and crashing only does he have to swear so much. Love my neighbour's of 20 years.

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Guilty of having the 3rd bedroom office, at least it is warm here.
My father would of picked the shed, could work on his tin and jar collection in relative peace while listening to the races.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects