Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What tools do I use for use with Carinya Make-A-Brackets

davidjono
Finding My Feet

What tools do I use for use with Carinya Make-A-Brackets

Hi All - I would like to build a structure using Carinya Make-A-Brackets and just wondering what tools I should use to:

a: cut them to size

b: join different brackets together.

Would I be right in saying tinsnips for cutting and a pop rivet gun for joining? If so what size rivets should I use?

Thank you kindly 
Dave

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What tools do I use for use with Carinya Make-A-Brackets

Welcome to Workshop @davidjono. We're pleased to have you join us. What are you planning to build? 

We trust that you'll get loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration for your projects from our clever and creative members for this project and many others to come in the future. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand with anything around the house and garden. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hey @Jason thank you for the warm welcome. 

I'm looking to build a diorama (approx 40cm X 30cm  X 40cm)  and as i'm currently stuck at home I can't go in-store to ask any questions so don't want to order the wrong tools.

Thanks heaps

Dave

No worries, thanks for the update @davidjono. Let me tag @MitchellMc for you so he can assist. 

Looking forward to seeing the diorama. It would be great if you could share it once finished as there's going to be many community members and visitors alike looking for project inspiration in the coming days and weeks. 

Stay well,

Jason

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome @davidjono, to the Workshop Community. Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to answer it for you.

The necessary tools for your project would be some Aviation Snips and a Rivet Gun Set.

If you will be bending any angles you may like to consider a pair of Long Nose Pliers.   

Rivets similar to these Aluminium Blind Rivets would be suitable. I would advise picking up a packet of M5 Flat Washers, to ensure the rivets grip correctly.       

Please note the Rivet Gun Set has a small variety of rivets included. You may wish to purchase more to suit your project needs.

We will be very interested to see the progress and completion of your diorama, so please do keep us posted.

If there is anything else I can assist you with feel free to let me know. Thanks again for your question.

Mitchell

Awesome thanks for the help @MitchellMc - greatly appreciated!

Hey guys, wondering if someone can tell me how to join the brackets it a L shape? the holes are drilled 20mm apart on one axis and 25mm apart on the other. 

Im actually trying to join 2 L shaped brackets together at a right angle.  Maybe @MitchellMc can help me?

I must be missing something really obvious. 

Thanks,  Craig

Hi @chansom4444,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join in the discussion. 

Mitchell is taking a well-earned break at the moment after the birth of his child, but I'm sure @EricL will be more than happy to assist you. What are you making?

Jason

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @chansom4444

Thanks for sharing that question about the Carinya brackets. Would it be possible for you to tell us which model you are currently using to build your project? Once we have that information we can then make recommendations on how to assemble your proposed bracket.

We would love to see what you're currently building. Perhaps we can offer suggestions on alternative bracket configurations.

Eric

Hi Eric @EricL (and Jason),

It is just a bracket to hold a hose in place. 2 L-shaped brackets (MABA2441) joined to make a larger L on one (horizontal) plane and then a flat bracket (MABF2042) to make the vertical plane to connect to a circular hose clip.

All of the holes on these pieces will only align in a straight line - I can't even join them at a right angle because the drilled holes don't match.

Is it possible there are "left hand" and "right hand" pieces to accommodate this?

thanks for your advice. Craig

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects