Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

$500 Bunnings laundry reno

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

$500 Bunnings laundry reno

A3E92412-9D61-4CAF-A6DE-2793BAFF0861.jpeg

D49B31C4-1E7E-47D4-8E85-B9D33FB230DB.jpeg

Our laundry was pretty basic with just a standard trough and no storage. We wanted to make it more practical but had a very small budget. 
So we went to Bunnings and bought a large bench top, new sink, 2x cupboards and some beautiful tiles.  
It took us less than a day to put it all together, and the best part was it only cost us around $500 all up! 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: $500 Bunnings laundry reno

Over 20,000 views and counting @prettyliving. Workshop members and visitors can't get enough of your $500 laundry transformation. Congrats again.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

@Jason wow that’s crazy! 😃 I’m glad others have been inspired by it 😊 We’re actually gonna do the same with our rental property when our tenants move out at the end of the year - it has the exact same layout. Gonna give ourselves a budget of $500 again 😉👍🏻

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looking forward to seeing what you can do with the rental property @prettyliving

Thanks again for sharing your handiwork with the community.

Jason

Murali
Getting Established

Hi @prettyliving, you have done an amazing work here. I am planning for my first DIY in my first own house. I was working things in my head on how all these things would assemble.

Where is the bench top attached to on the other side? Is it to a wall? How did you do it?

Also can you list the sealants and glue you used. Thanks heaps for acting as an inspiration....

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Murali.

It's great to have you join us and I trust @prettyliving appreciates your feedback. Hopefully, she'll be able to suggest the method used to fix the bench and the sealants/glues that were needed in the build.

We look forward to hearing more about your project and we would encourage you to start a discussion when you begin your laundry, that way we can provide assistance and our community members can follow along with the process. 

Mitchell

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

08A68A58-86B7-49CC-A68A-037A4EC97315.jpeg

1D498EDB-3F53-4B88-A4C0-D043C2BDCB84.jpeg

Hi @Murali thanks so much!

We started by attaching some wood to the wall, we did this mostly to bring the cupboards forward a little so that the benchtop wouldn’t overhang too far at the front. We bolted the wood to the wall, then attached the cupboards to the wood by drilling from inside the cupboards on the support panel - we pre-planned for the wood to line up with it. 
Then we put the benchtop on top and attached it with some screws from the inside of the cupboard. 
Once everything was firm and screwed into place, we did the tiling. Off memory I think we used the Dunlop wall & tile adhesive premix - I think it was about $25 for 2kg which was more than enough. 
We then did the grout and once everything was dry we used Selleys no more gaps to seal where the tiles met the benchtop. I hope that helps. 
I’ve attached a couple pics, one of the wood between the cabinet and wall, another of inside one of the cupboards where we attached it to the wall and the benchtop. 

Hey @prettyliving,

Thanks for the reply. Thats a good idea to use the wooden blocks. Thanks for listing the glue you used. Yo @Bunnings $500 coming your way...

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

@Murali No worries at all 👍🏻 Looking forward to seeing your new laundry 😃 

Angee
Just Starting Out

I needed to see this! What an amazing job you have done and all within a low budget, which is my aim with our sad laundry.

What brand cupboards did you buy? Thanks and again well done on an amazing job!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Angee. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Let me mention @prettyliving so she is alerted to your kind feedback.

Since this is such a popular project with our community I've put together some links to the products used by prettyliving which you might find helpful.

We look forward to hearing more about your own laundry project and would encourage you to let us know if you need assistance or if you would like to share it with our community.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects