Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

$500 Bunnings laundry reno

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

$500 Bunnings laundry reno

A3E92412-9D61-4CAF-A6DE-2793BAFF0861.jpeg

D49B31C4-1E7E-47D4-8E85-B9D33FB230DB.jpeg

Our laundry was pretty basic with just a standard trough and no storage. We wanted to make it more practical but had a very small budget. 
So we went to Bunnings and bought a large bench top, new sink, 2x cupboards and some beautiful tiles.  
It took us less than a day to put it all together, and the best part was it only cost us around $500 all up! 

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Re: $500 Bunnings laundry reno

Thank you so much @Angee 😊

As @MitchellMc mentioned we used the Practa 1000mm base cabinets - they are only $99 each. We did this reno over 2 years ago now and it has held up perfectly! The cabinets & benchtop are both really good quality, I would highly recommend them both. 👌🏻

ocp99
Growing in Experience

Hi @prettyliving , just wondering where did you get this wall shelf from?

Capture.PNG

Thanks!

Edit: never mind, I found the answer to my own question when I scrolled back a few pages.

It was from IKEA: Grundtal drying rack.

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

@ocp99 Yep ikea 👍🏻

fflegends
Just Starting Out

Hi @prettyliving,

Amazing DIY project, cant wait to start on my laundry,

May I know where did you purchase your cube storage unit from? and how is it attached to the wall. 

Thank you :smile:

Thank you @fflegends 😊 

I bought it a few years before the reno but I’m pretty sure I got it from either Kmart or red dot. 
I used small angle brackets to hang it - 2 underneath and 2 at the the top. 
Hope that helps, all the best with your laundry reno! 😀

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @fflegends. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for joining the conversation.

You might be interested in looking through our range of cube storage units. In particular, this Flexi Storage Clever Cube 76 x 39 x 146cm 2 x 4 Storage Unit White seems to be quite similar.

We look forward to hearing more about your own laundry make-over project. We'd encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance or if you would like to share it with the community. I trust you'll find loads of other inspirational projects within the community as our fantastic members are contributing their ideas here all the time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
krisha
Just Starting Out

@prettyliving 

This is an awesome transformation. Did you relocate the taps?

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Thank you @krisha 

No we left the taps where they were 😊

Nikkaz
Making a Splash

This looks great!!!!! Who wouldnt want to do the laundry now! Is that shelf that the coat hanger is on from Bunnings? 

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Thank you! @Nikkaz 

The drying rack is from ikea 😊

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects