Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

$500 Bunnings laundry reno

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

$500 Bunnings laundry reno

A3E92412-9D61-4CAF-A6DE-2793BAFF0861.jpeg

D49B31C4-1E7E-47D4-8E85-B9D33FB230DB.jpeg

Our laundry was pretty basic with just a standard trough and no storage. We wanted to make it more practical but had a very small budget. 
So we went to Bunnings and bought a large bench top, new sink, 2x cupboards and some beautiful tiles.  
It took us less than a day to put it all together, and the best part was it only cost us around $500 all up! 

debleedee
Finding My Feet

Re: $500 Bunnings laundry reno

@prettyliving 

Wonderful improvement! I'm inspired. My laundry is only large enough for machine and sink, but will get it sorted.  How did you manage the plumbing connections? I think i'd be lost with that. Thank you.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @debleedee. We're so pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden. We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members.

If you are planning your own laundry renovation project, you might like to hit the Start a discussion button and share some details of what you are working with and what you'd like to achieve. Photos and dimensions of your space will also really help others provide useful suggestions.

Please don't hesitate to post anytime you have something to share with the community or need a hand with a project around the house and garden. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks! @debleedee 

We didn’t move the taps or pipes so it was just a matter of removing the old sink and connecting the new one to the existing plumping. The sink came with all the connections etc 👍🏻

Thank you, i've never done any plumbing stuff so i guess turning off water, using the plumber glue etc and all should be good?

katricken
Finding My Feet

Very inspiring! I have a laundry room that's half the size of yours. I hope I can do something like this. 

KH10
Just Starting Out

How did you get around the washing machine taps and the hose outlet. Did you have to move the taps?

thanks

KH10

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @KH10. It's fabulous that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question.

On page three of this discussion, @prettyliving shows how she ingeniously cut out slots in the cube storage unit's rear to accommodate the taps and powerpoint. This meant she didn't need a plumber to move them and saved on that cost.

Were you planning on your own laundry renovation? We'd encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance or would like to share your project with us. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration within the community just like this project as our wonderfully creative members share their ideas here all the time.

Mitchell

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Hi @KH10 

Yep as @MitchellMc mentioned, we left the taps, hoses etc as they were (to save costs for the meantime) and covered them with the wall shelf. 

We were originally going to get them moved at a later date but the set up we have now has just worked well at hiding them so we’ve just left it as is for now. 😃

Antho
Getting Established

Thats amazing!! 

I would love to know the list of items for that price !!

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Welcome @Antho,

It's fantastic that you've been inspired by @prettyliving's project. You'll find the materials and costs here: Budget Bunnings laundry renovation.

Are you looking to do a similar renovation? We're here to help if you have any questions along the way and we'd love to see your own budget-friendly revamp.

Stevie

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects