Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bruce93's laundry reno

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bruce93's Laundry Reno

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Rana99. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Let me mention @bruce93 so they are alerted to your kind feedback and to see if they can provide an answer to your question. I suspect they might have used the SpecRite golden oiled Acacia benchtop but I'm sure they will be able to clarify that for us.

Do you have a laundry renovation in the works? It would be great to follow along with your build and we'd encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance or if you would like to share it with us. I trust you'll find plenty more inspiration just like this within the community as our fantastic members are posting their projects here all the time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
bruce93
Junior Contributor

Re: Bruce93's Laundry Reno

Hi @Rana99 

@MitchellMc was very close with his guess for the benchtop. We actually used the Golen Acacia timber for our shelves above the washing machine. There's only one in the picture but we have since added another. 

We used a timber panel called Beech and it's available from bunnings. https://www.bunnings.com.au/2200-x-600-x-26mm-beech-laminated-panel_p8330041

We used a hardwax clear oil to protect it.

Hope this helps

Bruce

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects