Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a leaking Mondella semi frameless shower screen?

cg81
Just Starting Out

How to fix a leaking Mondella semi frameless shower screen?

hi we bought mondella 2000 x1200 x 900mm Matte Black semi frameless shower

I need some advice

Please see attached photo. there is gap at the bottom, between shower door and bottom frame. Due to this, when we have a shower, there is water leaking outside the shower

the mondella shower did not come with any sealsIMG-9593.jpgIMG-9587.jpgIMG-9586.jpg

Any advice or tips would be helpful

thanks

Re: How to fix a leaking Mondella semi frameless shower screen?

First our 25 year old shower started leaking, second our plumber talked us into a whole bathroom renovation. On first use, the Mondella semi frameless shower screen leaks. Yes we couldn't find the correct seals at Bunnings but elsewhere, fitted and not fixed. It seems that the aluminium channel, that connects to the shower base, fills with water and then it dribbles out over the bathroom floor over the next 4 hours. Plumber x 3, still leaks.

SOLUTION: I plan to remove the Mondella semi frameless shower screen and dispose of it thoughtfully. I plan to purchase a shower screen somewhere other than Bunnings. It seems that Bunnings, won't be beaten on price, but the will be beaten on quality. 

Faithfully PeterM

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Sunniva and @WetFeet.

It certainly appears from the feedback received that there's room for improvement with the design of this frameless shower screen. I've passed your feedback on to our team, and we'll have Mondella take a look at these issues to see what can be done about resolving them.

I apologise for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your feedback. If you'd like, I can have your closest store provide the required sealing strips to resolve the issue. Or, if you feel that the screen is not fit for purpose, we can discuss with your local store the options surrounding the return of the product.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I'd like to thank the contributors to this discussion (@cg81@bejakish@HeatherH@Sunniva, and @WetFeet) for their valuable feedback on the range of Mondella semi-frameless shower screens.

Through your assistance and the detailed feedback provided, we've been able to address this issue with the manufacturer. I'm pleased to let you know that all future shower units will now include seals to ensure water does not escape the enclosure.

I'll reach out to everyone individually via private message to facilitate the seals being sent out for your shower units. For others with non-sealed Modella semi-frameless shower screens, seals can be requested free of charge through spareparts@kineticsourcing.com.au.

I appreciate everyone's assistance in this matter, and thanks once again for your valuable feedback.

Mitchell

Goodness Gracious,

Seals attached to the door, extra aluminium half dome put under door. Silicone at every joint! and it still leaks. Water coming out of the bottom door hinge! You have got to be joking! This product needs to be removed from sale. 

Regards Peter M

Could I be forgiven for being quite angry about this?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @WetFeet (Peter M)

I'm so sorry to hear that you're still getting a leak in the shower. There is the possibility that the water is somehow flowing onto the hinge and travelling to the post then to the outside of the shower. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the hinge and how the shower seals sit next to them? We'll have Mondella take a look at this issue to see what can be done about resolving them.

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

Hi all, I have the same shower on a Mondella Base. I received a T Profiled Seal with the Unit, which obviously has been added by Mondella. 

No Instructions on exactly how to use that seal. I assume it will sit below the Door, but the Existing Black Centre Seal is convex , so attaching that on top of the Existing will be problematic & unsightly for sure. Do I remove the existing black push in Seal and silicon on the supplied T profile ?

I dont like that idea as mould will surely precipitate eventually, and scraping silicon off Black Frame spells trouble. (im a Handyman, so have seen issues like that first hand) 

Can anyone please share their rectified solution. 

Cheers & thanks in advance. 

IMG_20230401_110236.jpgIMG_20230401_111011.jpgIMG_20230401_111023.jpg

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Rockatansky. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a shower door seal.

I'll reach out to Mondella after the weekend to enquire about how this seal is to be installed.

Many thanks for your patience.

Mitchell

Many thanks for your patience @Greensyboy.

I apologise, as I've been in contact with the Mondella team, and it appears you've received the incorrect seal with the product. I'll reach out via PM for some details and have them send you the correct seal.

Mitchell

I’m having the same issue. I will be going back to Bunnings tomorrow 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Bill163

What seal are you using on the bottom of the door? The current seal should be one that pushes onto the bottom edge. If that's not the one you have, it can be sent to you by contacting spareparts@kineticsourcing.com.au.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance. 

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects