Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove thick stubborn paint?

Wouldy
Making a Splash

How to remove thick stubborn paint?

IMG20211130143954.jpg

IMG20211130143951.jpg

IMG20211130143946.jpg

IMG20211130143943.jpg

As you can see I need to get rid of this horrible green paint in the shower recess. I've been removing paint all day. I tried turps on this lot but not a chance. I have so much work to be done. What do you recommend that will make it come off without so much muscle put into it? 

Wouldy

Re: Removing thick stubborn paint

Hey @Wouldy  further to @Noyade suggestion.

I'd use a "flappy" disc on the angle grinder, this would be less likely to damage the tiles if you did it carefully. Don't use the ones for metalwork, obviously

Alternatively, looking at the area you have to clean, perhaps a Dremel tool with an appropriate smaller attachment for fine work?

Appalling that the landlord would leave this in a state and expect the renter to do the work.

Re: Removing thick stubborn paint

@Walter 

Thank you. I have actually hit a wall now. I need rest. I'm tired and very sore. 

I've only started to feel the anger since last night. I asked for a discount on rent this week.due to spending a few hundred on fixing the place up just to be habitable and move in. The answer was no. 

I paid full rent for a fortnight. No word of a lie, there is at least $15.000 worth of work needing to be done. The house is worth nothing. Just the land. They will not spend a fine on the house but want to keep all seven houses as an inheritance for their rich kids. I have no doubt each house will need to be either knocked down or extensive renovations. 

O got the kitchen and a bedroom just functional and habitable. I wasn't told to he truth of how bad it was. The guy who originally had organised everything changed it all on the day we were driving down to move to Fremantle. We had it all sorted. 

Everything he has done so far benefits himself. I feel really angry. 

I'm going to think about things. As far as I'm concerned I can rip that lease up and get the hell out. I do not have the time nor the money to fix this house up. I need to get to work and sort out my life too. 

These rich people. They complain about how much they pay and if anything costs them even one dollar it's no good.

When my anger has simmered down, I will sort this out. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects