Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to renovate this bathroom?

rveerasu
Growing in Experience

How to renovate this bathroom?

210 x 165 Bathroom Dimension. I am looking to renovate my bathroom.  Shower/Vanity is in my mind(no tub). Please let me know your opinion.

279946296_10227255969688054_3352333831332831698_n.jpg280634853_10227255995648703_3397271000717132920_n.jpg280746278_10227255995008687_6940951264339413085_n.jpg280758131_10227255995328695_1052830737479870490_n.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to renovate this bathroom?

Hi @redbournreno

Thank you very much for sharing such a detailed recommendation. Let me tag @rveerasu to make sure they see your suggestions.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you so much @redbournreno ,  @EricL @MitchellMc Got some ideas. Please feel free to comment it.

Removing: 

Side walls that covered with PVC board (122cm H)

Vanity.

Side PVC board connected around the tub( since removing Vanity will surely disturb this)

Vinyl flooring.

Remove old plumbing(copper), and cut the pipe to the desired height.

Doing:

Installing a new DRY wall on the shower area

Covered with light weight Joint compound (masking tape).

Install Vanity.

Cover the wall with UV PVC board in the shower area to ceiling height(full) & leave the Shower area & ready with PVC board, calling a plumber to connect the shower & put the remaining PVC board.

Sealing the GAPS with a waterproof cack(gap filler).

cover the Tub sides with a PVC sheet.

apply the vinyl sheet. 

Pait with Dulux bathroom mid shine paint(rest of the area).

applying TUB & tile refurnishing kit on bath tub to get a good look( 5 days curing period).

removing old shaving mirror box & using 600mm mirror box.

Cheers,

Ram

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That sounds like a great plan, Ram (@rveerasu).

Keep us updated and reach out when you have questions or if you get stuck.

I'll be looking forward to seeing your results.

Mitchell

Hi @rveerasu ,

Yes I think you are on the right track there.

Things to consider in your plan though.

1.  If you are adding new drywall to the shower then make sure it is villaboard or aquacheck, not standard type plasterboard.

2.  You should consider waterproofing your wall in the shower and behind the vanity before you apply the PVC.

3.  Paint your bath with tile and tub paint BEFORE you seal the gaps with silicone (and probably before you add the PVC to the walls). You need the sealant on top of your new bath paint and the PVC wall.

4.  Taubmans or Dulux low sheen kitchen and bathroom paint will be great for that space. Use semi-gloss or gloss on the trims.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @redbournreno

Thank you very much for those extra recommendations, let me tag @rveerasu to make them aware of your added suggestions. 

Eric

Melzie
Building a Reputation

Sounds like a good plan Ram, looking forward to seeing the end result and how much you managed to do it for if you share :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects