Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace shower rubber?

CM44
Just Starting Out

How to replace shower rubber?

IMG_3852.jpeg

IMG_3851.jpeg

  

Hello, I suspect our shower has built up mould in the silver frame section. Just wondering if Bunnings sell a replacement rubber for this section highlighted. I know we can’t remove the shower seals around the glass however, this rubber is not connected to the other seals in the shower. It runs only the length of the door. We intend to remove it to gain access to the silver frame and clean the mould then replace the seal. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Replacing shower rubber

Hi @CM44,

That looks like a proprietary seal for that specific style of shower frame, and I'm unaware of any common seal that would replace it. You could remove the current seal, clean underneath and then re-insert it, possibly with some clear silicone, to ensure it seals adequately.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
lb8953
Just Starting Out

Re: How to replace shower rubber?

If you take it with you to your local glazier/ shower shops they may have some in the correct size you can replace it with. I had the same issue and the place I went to had a big roll of it and cut it by the metre. But definitely seal it on as said above as the replacement will also just get mouldy in my experience. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to replace shower rubber?

Thanks for joining in the discussion and sharing your experience @lb8953. We're pleased to have you join the Bunnings Workshop community. 

Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share with other members.

Welcome,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects