Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Installation of dual flush valve in caroma cistern

Pwsingh
Getting Established

Installation of dual flush valve in caroma cistern

34BF71A5-87B2-4CB5-8274-F1942EED3F51.jpeg

 I have this type of flush dual valve and what other dual flush valve can I use in caroma toilets? I can’t find this type in the store.Any other solutions would be great . Thanks 

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: installation of dual flush valve in caroms cistern

Hi @Pwsingh,

Thanks for your question. 

Let me mention @redracer01@LePallet and @MitchellMc who may be able to offer some advice. Just note that @MitchellMc will be back on the site on Friday to help with any questions.

Look forward to hearing about projects you have on the go around your home and garden.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Installation of dual flush valve in caroma cistern

Hi @Pwsingh , maybe not what you were wanting to hear but, I think you would get better satisfaction out of replacing the whole cistern rather than trying to modify it. You can get a new one for ~$150, whereas trying to source a replacement part, for perhaps 1/2 that, if you even found one, doesn't seem a wise investment in time or money.

I am assuming that the flushing unit you have is beyond repair?

I can't imagine another company making something that will go into their opposition's cistern.

(Maybe someone here knows if there is another Coroma unit that will fit, but as much as I love DIY repairs, it still seems like it could be a bad investment compared to just replacing it, whereby you get all the future-leaky parts replaced. )

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Installation of dual flush valve in caroma cistern

Hi @Pwsingh,

As @TedBear has mentioned, you can purchase plastic cisterns such as the Estilo WELS 3 Star 3.9L/min White Linksuite PVC Cistern quite cheaply. At $74, including all new parts, that certainly sounds like a great solution to your issue. If you knew the Caroma cistern model, I could contact Caroma for you to see if the flush mechanism is still produced.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

Pwsingh
Getting Established

Thanks, I have decided to replace the new cistern with all the parts included, thanks for your suggestion 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Great choice, @Pwsingh. I trust that will be a wise decision in the long run. 

Please feel free to let us know if you need assistance during the installation.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects