Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Looking for wall mounting bracket for towel rail

dfoy
Just Starting Out

Looking for wall mounting bracket for towel rail

wall bracketwall brackethand railhand railhand railhand railmounting pointmounting point

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Looking for wall mounting bracket for towel rail

Hello @dfoy

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your towel rail.

I suggest bringing the mounting bracket and the towel rail on your next visit to the store. I propose getting the Estilo 600mm Bella Chrome Single Towel Rail and removing its mounting bracket and testing it on your old towel rail and seeing if it fits. I believe this would be a more cost-effective approach. 

Another method is to use a Carinya 20 x 200 x 1mm Flat Make-a-Bracket - single. I suggest using a hacksaw to cut a bit of the steel the same size as the mounting bracket. Bend the ends of the steel piece to the same height and shape as the mounting bracket using a 200mm Combination Pliers. It is imperative that they are exactly the same size so that the hooking mechanism of the towel rail will work on the piece of steel. You will have to trim the steel with a steel file so that it fits into the towel rail opening.

Let me tag our experienced members @diy_hausdesigns and @craftyhopper for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects